Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changes at Lime Rock underway

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008 | 03:18 AM
95m3racer
Pro

With the amount of events scheduled, I don't see how the pavement/surfaces can cure in time...sounds like it'll be full of good ole LRP patches in no time
Old 02-25-2008 | 11:26 AM
997gt3north
Drifting

Originally Posted by RonCT
I just hope it's better managed this spring than it was last spring - when the runoff was full of boulders (ripped parts off a couple of cars) and they turned a broken water main on causing a pond entering the back straight (which ended up totaling a 996). Construction always makes me nervous...
I was 2 cars behind the car that was totalled - luckily didn't total my then new 997gt3. There were many contributing factors to that accident: 1) it was obvious from the first session that water was slowly creeping onto the track 2) 1st lap on the 2nd session it is up to everyone on the track to be looking around checking if everything was ok 3) when you get passed in that location you should stay fully left 4) when you are taking the pass and you see water on the track you should not stick your front right tires through it or you should back off - it was the first lap 5) the group that ran that event are great guys (they could have mentioned something about changing track conditions at an emergency track meeting - not necesssary in my opinion) 6) at your first event of the year in April when it is 33degrees everyone should have the sense to backoff a little and have a fun safe day 7) when you turn on your plumbing for the first time after a north east winter, it is probably best to make sure everything is working.

I do like Limerock and am sorry I have moved 8 hours away. The only real thing I hope they improve is the bumpy brake zone before the uphill - my esp would just freakout if I didn't brake early - I could brake late but would have to be so far offline that it ruined the uphill entry.
Old 02-25-2008 | 11:31 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Trying not to stir the pot as this thread is about changes at the track. You are correct - most of us adjusted to the changing track conditions with the growing mud pond. But, the bottom line is LRP picked a very bad time to "test" the water system - during the first sessions of our DE. Had they tested it some other day or time, they would have discovered the big leak and our DE would not have had the issue and the 996 would not have crashed.
Old 02-25-2008 | 02:58 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

I agree
Old 02-27-2008 | 05:39 PM
Jase007
Instructor

I will miss the old Lime Rock, as much as people hated it, I actually liked it.
X2
Old 02-27-2008 | 05:50 PM
931guru
Rennlist Member

I will miss the old Lime Rock, the track I love to hate.

Quick Reply: Changes at Lime Rock underway