Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment Shop in NNJ ( or central) For DE Setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:12 AM
gerhard951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Scott....you're a PMR customer?? I live in East Brunswick...didnt know anyone from our locale that goes there?? Do you do D.E.'s?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:25 PM
sbarton
Instructor

Originally Posted by gerhard951
Hey Scott....you're a PMR customer?? I live in East Brunswick...didnt know anyone from our locale that goes there?? Do you do D.E.'s?

I am a PMR customer. I live in Milltown, but my car stays at my in-laws in Whitehouse Station. It is a 10 minute drive to Will's from there. It's just co-incidence though that he is so close. Will was recommended to me by a friend who lives in Middletown and I have gone to Will ever since. He'll be doing some work on my M Roadster over the winter too, including suspension and alignment work.

I do many D.E.'s! Check out My Track Schedule:
http://www.MyTrackSchedule.com/?U=sbarton

-Scott
Old 02-05-2008, 12:33 PM
911 Wail Tale
Advanced

Dariusy, don't believe everything you read. Buyer beware and do your homework on any shop you choose.
Adam
Old 02-05-2008, 12:53 PM
sbarton
Instructor

Adam, do you personally have any experience with PMR, or are you just repeating what others may have told you?
Please PM me the details.

-Scott
Old 02-05-2008, 02:47 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Wail Tale
Dariusy, don't believe everything you read. Buyer beware and do your homework on any shop you choose.
Adam
+1. I've had some not-so-good experiences with certain shops that came highly recommended.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:26 AM
911 Wail Tale
Advanced

Originally Posted by sbarton
Adam, do you personally have any experience with PMR, or are you just repeating what others may have told you?
Please PM me the details.

-Scott
SBarton, I did not specifically bring up PMR, you did. What are you trying to say?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:48 AM
NJcroc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dariusy
Anyone recommend a good alignment shop who has a clue and won't just charge me $250 bucks just to check the toe?

Thanks
Maybe a bit off topic but

Why in the world would you want a DE alignment and just check the toe. you can have STS for $99 set the toe. Meanwhile a good DE alignment to spec from a quality European shop or race shop will cost at least $250
Old 02-07-2008, 03:08 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NJcroc
Maybe a bit off topic but

Why in the world would you want a DE alignment and just check the toe. you can have STS for $99 set the toe. Meanwhile a good DE alignment to spec from a quality European shop or race shop will cost at least $250
Heh, I think the OP meant that he wanted a shop that would charge $250 AND do a full race alignment. I don't think he meant that he wanted to pay $250 to solely have the toe checked.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:30 AM
dariusy
6th Gear

Fuenfer et. al.

Thanks for the feedback, and yes you seem to be one of the folks who had an accurate enough attention span to interpret my OP correctly.

Thanks to all who responded and great feedback. As for PMR, I used them once, just to balance my wheels / tires.

When I got them home, most of the weights fell off when I removed them from the wheel bags. Quite dangerous if you think about it. This was actually the experience I thought about that prompted my OP.

I think I'll try Paddock for this one.

P.S.
911 Wail Tale....roger that

D
Old 02-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fuenfer et. al.

Thanks for the feedback, and yes you seem to be one of the folks who had an accurate enough attention span to interpret my OP correctly.

Thanks to all who responded and great feedback. As for PMR, I used them once, just to balance my wheels / tires.

When I got them home, most of the weights fell off when I removed them from the wheel bags. Quite dangerous if you think about it. This was actually the experience I thought about that prompted my OP.

P.S.

D
That is bad, and I hope you let Will know about it. They always tape my weights on and I have never had a problem.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Fuenfer et. al.

P.S.

D
Everyone is entitled to a bad day, the good ones will make things right. In 15 years of experience with the proprietor of PMR, I can attest to the fact he will make things right if presented with the issue. Of course, we know people have different opinions on how things go down sometimes. Still, I would find it hard to believe something like what was mentioned above wouldn't be easily corrected. I would also applaud anyone who is "perfect" in their profession everyday.

I wonder how many thousand wheel/tires have been mounted and balanced by a successful race shop?

If someone just wants toe checked/adjusted, I would think most shops (PCA sponsor type) will charge a reasonable fee based on their hourly labor rate. As a side, I know a number of people who pay upwards of $600 for an alignment at well respected race shops and feel that it is worth every penny.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:00 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy
Everyone is entitled to a bad day, the good ones will make things right. In 15 years of experience with the proprietor of PMR, I can attest to the fact he will make things right if presented with the issue. Of course, we know people have different opinions on how things go down sometimes. Still, I would find it hard to believe something like what was mentioned above wouldn't be easily corrected. I would also applaud anyone who is "perfect" in their profession everyday.

I wonder how many thousand wheel/tires have been mounted and balanced by a successful race shop?

If someone just wants toe checked/adjusted, I would think most shops (PCA sponsor type) will charge a reasonable fee based on their hourly labor rate. As a side, I know a number of people who pay upwards of $600 for an alignment at well respected race shops and feel that it is worth every penny.
I've had only a singular experience with PMR, and it was a bit unprofessional. I called and made an appointment to drop my car off on a Saturday, and I even double-checked on the day before (Friday) to make sure Will would be around at noon. I was told that he would be, and so I arranged a ride to follow me out there from Bergen county.

When I arrived, there was no one to be seen. Yes, Will did appear to have an afterhours drop-off box, but quite frankly, it was my first time there, I wanted to discuss the work he would do on my car and I wasn't comfortable dropping my car off at a shop that couldn't meet me when they said they would.

Everybody has a "bad day" but we must also remember that these "bad days" can mean that a new customer might not want to return to your shop. My experience doesn't reflect on PMR's capability to do the job right, but it was rather inconvenient for me to arrange the ride and to drive all the way out to Califon. When I called on Monday to ask what happened, I didn't get so much of an explanation, but instead, was told to reschedule my appointment. Sorry, but I started looking for other shops instead.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Ninetynine996
Rennlist Member

When a shop tells you they will "make it right" after they misdiagnose a problem several times......they make it right. That is not the case is a certain Central Jersey shop. All talk.....many better, more professional and less expensive places to take your car in the area.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
dariusy
6th Gear

Ummmm...yeahh..OK...right...good thing I gave my doctor a second chance on my vasectomy. Geez...its a wheel weight. If you need further evidence of gross negligence, they actually taped the wheel weight on top of the old dirty foam sticky substance that held the old one on!!

That's the problem in this country. We have lowered the customer service bar so low....nobody cares about quality work anymore.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

good thing I gave my doctor a second chance on my vasectomy.
I'm glad you gave your Doctor a second chance at your vasectomy...

Quick Reply: Alignment Shop in NNJ ( or central) For DE Setup