Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know of UUC Motorwerks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting stuff. I guess I can only share my experience. I'm not a huge Rob fan, but I've had no problems with the parts we've purchased from UUC in years past.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:02 PM
SG_M3
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
This is my opinion only: I think much of the negativity you'll hear about UUC comes from people's dislike of the owner rather than the quality of the parts. I have my own favorite vendors, but I'd have no problem buying something as simple as brake rotors from UUC if it's a good deal.
agreed, but I still don't trust some of their parts. Something as simple as putting a heilicoil in an aluminum flywheel so the bolts don't pull out, something UUC didn't think of. Then denying it was a problem, only to helicoil later flywheels for no apparent reason.

too many bmw racers over here
Old 02-04-2008, 01:42 PM
dmwhite
Instructor

Originally Posted by SG_M3
agreed, but I still don't trust some of their parts. Something as simple as putting a heilicoil in an aluminum flywheel so the bolts don't pull out, something UUC didn't think of. Then denying it was a problem, only to helicoil later flywheels for no apparent reason.
you mean blaming customers for the failures, saying helicoils aren't needed in aluminum flywheels, jumping all over other posters who disagree with him, then later using helicoils in their flywheels?

remember this one? http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=584370

no doubt...
Old 02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

Rob at UUC is a tool. Most of the products have very little R&D in them, and the customers are left as the beta testers. He is the reason Rogue Engineering spun off to make better products
Old 02-04-2008, 03:27 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the UUC short shift kit w/DSSR on my E36 M3. I'm very happy with the shifter. Bought it from Turner. Seems very solid.

That's the only UUC part on my car, though. Since I bought the shifter, I've heard negative stuff about UUC as well--moreso about the owner than the company. This thread will make me think twice about UUC parts.

--michael
Old 02-04-2008, 11:25 PM
L8Apex
Three Wheelin'

My bad just looked at my receipts for my M3 parts and they are mostly from Rouge. The only UUC products that I bought was the rear control arms and sub mount bushings.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:22 AM
sbarton
Instructor

I've got a couple of UUC parts on my M Roadster. I'm happy with them.
They just started their eBay shop last month, so of course there will be little feedback.
You really should check out the BMW Boards if you want to find out about them.

-Scott
Old 02-05-2008, 12:28 AM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Watch out for all of these "cottage industry" vendors. In many cases, you are trusting the function (and safety) of essential parts like brake rotors, shift kits, various bushings, etc., to a 30 year old kid with a CAD progam loaded up on his Mac. It does not take much in this day and age to design a part and have a small local machine shop make a batch to spec. for some reason, clever internet advertising and message board chatter can boost the stature of small companies and make them seem like they actually have teams of engineers. It doesn't mean they do. I had an SSK installed in my M3 a while back along with some tranny bushings. It was installed by the inventor. The car made godawful noises, and I had the stuff ripped back out les than a week later. Lesson learned.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:35 AM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SG_M3

That was one of the problems that I experienced.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwhite
you mean blaming customers for the failures, saying helicoils aren't needed in aluminum flywheels, jumping all over other posters who disagree with him, then later using helicoils in their flywheels?

remember this one? http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=584370

no doubt...
The tip of the iceberg with that cocknozzle....
Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks for all the input, guys. I don't know the bimmer boards and they don't know me, so I tried here first. I think I get the gist.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Anyone know of UUC Motorwerks?