Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - Kids have facebook - what do professionals have

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008 | 02:22 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Default OT - Kids have facebook - what do professionals have

Yesterday i was laid off for the second time in 18 months working in an industry that lays off the best of the best by the thousands as fast as the dow industrials goes down 100 points. the comments coming from the listers has been so encouraging. I have truly made many many very deep friendships through this network of car guys.

I ask you to pray for me and my great family. Today was 55 degree and not a cloud in the sky ..i finished building my race car - a project of love now 2 years. with the unexpected day off I finished her and she is entering her first DE as i prepare to race her in the club race 2009. as I sort her out i will continue being an instructor serving also on our Lone Star region Board.

I found something that EVERY one of you will want to take a close close look, especially if you have a job or career. I mean it.

I have a 17 yr old and a 14 yr old with their very own Face Book page (which we monitor)I was always wondering if there is anything close but more robust for the true professional and hobbiest

I HAVE THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR ADULTS I JUST FOUND. I used this 2 years ago during my first layoff and now I am using it again with more more attention to detail.

They have given me my own link...you can have yours for free as well.
It was recommended by the placement professional I met with which my laying off company paid and provide (aren't they the best)

you have to see if for yourself
this is mine
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardwjacksoncima

after you look at it....create your own and join my network of the most successful men and women I have ever met - Porsche Owners

you can use this even for our hobbies personal interests and so much more
Old 02-02-2008 | 02:27 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

i have been getting requests to join this site from friends for a while, so I finally pulled together an account. Turns out probably 90% of the most intelligent people I have met in my life are on linkedin.

Best of luck on finding a new job!
Old 02-02-2008 | 02:42 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Linkedin is a very high quality site/tool. I've been using it for ~4 years, more to keep in touch than anything else.
Old 02-02-2008 | 02:51 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

JOIN ME
LETS MAKE IT BIGGER
I need your help networking
Old 02-02-2008 | 09:06 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Kida have Facebook

Grown ups have a life and a mortgage and a tax bill.
Old 02-02-2008 | 09:18 AM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
Kida have Facebook

Grown ups have a life and a mortgage and a tax bill.
since I have two mortages does that make me even more of a grown up?
Old 02-02-2008 | 10:11 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 38D
Linkedin is a very high quality site/tool. I've been using it for ~4 years, more to keep in touch than anything else.
Colin, did you know LinkedIn was started by a Hamilton grad?
Old 02-02-2008 | 02:55 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
JOIN ME
LETS MAKE IT BIGGER
I need your help networking
All the best in your efforts with a new job. I'm in the industry as well and fully appreciate the current mess. Have been in this racket for 25 plus years and can honestly say I haven't seen it this bad. Ever. Not trying to be Dr. Gloom but I think the worst, in terms of employment and comp, is yet to come. And what happens on Wall Street today is likely to impact Main Street down the road.

So my counsel, both to myself and friends, is it's not going to be business as usual. Become creative, think ahead of the pack and tighten that harness just one more notch. This ride's gonna get rougher.

Best...
Old 02-02-2008 | 07:50 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

I hope I can land quickly. thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I really got angry over it all today (3 days later) .

this is not just a technical forum ...it is a community of people that share an incredible hobby and interest.
Old 02-02-2008 | 09:06 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hi Richard
Sorry to hear of your misfortune; sounds, though, like you are the type to very quickly rebound. I wish you well.
Up here in New England there is a Morgan Stanley VP that runs high end track days; very nice events. You should see the cars he attracts. 6th Gear is the name.
Thought you would be interested.
Old 02-03-2008 | 12:42 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Rick. I am the registrar for a number of years for our events here in texas as well. boy we have a lot in common. I will track him down.
I appreciate your kind words

Quick Reply: OT - Kids have facebook - what do professionals have