Sponsored by:

ARPCA Watkins Glen DE May 17-18

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveM993
Wow, WGI must give them a good deal! or they run alot of cars. Can't say we make much if anything on this event....would love to know the secret!

Cheers
When I was working with John Ross on the DE committee a few years ago, the issue was that all regions in the East charge a certain amount for instructors and tend to limit the number of students. Since ARPCA offers free admission to instructors that cost is passed to the students. Simple math. Those regions also do not assign instructors to White or Black (Your B and C groups), where as ARPCA assigns instructors to those students. THat said, when I did ride there, instructors usually rode one session with me and that was it for the weekend.
Track driving also tends to be more popular here in the Northeast which is why most PCA events here are Porsche only. The ARPCA events had to be open to all makes just to get a full event, however, I was alway unclear as to whether this was due to lack of demand or the higher prices limiting the demand.

Anyway, the bottom line is that the ARPCA does run great events and I really like that they required classroom instruction for even the advanced drivers.

Good luck and tell John & Alex Ross and Mark Hanson, I said Hi.

Noel
Old 02-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Noel, keep me posted with the WGI Potomac event.....
Will do. I'll send you a reminder and we can tow out there together with a few others from Boston.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:54 AM
DaveM993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noel - will do.

Quick Reply: ARPCA Watkins Glen DE May 17-18