Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lisa Thomas RIP

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:28 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Bruce, thanks for sharing your story. There are several of us that have partners (married and not) on the track as well. My wife loves the track and we share many stories together for this great sport. I guess this is why we have great friends like Margo and Arnie (see ZAPmobile) as we share similar interests on the track and carry them off. We all know how you feel and appreciate your sharing with us.

It's great to have "that" person in your life that shares your passions and I can only hope that you continue share that passion with her gone. She doesn't have to be here physically to continue sharing that passion you so wonderfully shared.

Enjoy your time at the track and may it bring you great happiness and fond memories.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:30 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Those are some amazing memories you made together, getting in there and living live to its fullest rather than spectating like most people. Thanks for the post and take care of yourself.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:37 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very touching. Thank you for sharing. I will hug my wife a little longer tonight.

Somehow I feel Lisa plans on pulling faster laps than you this year and wolfing about it.

I hope your heart quickly find peace as I'm sure Lisa's has.

Warm Regards
Old 01-11-2008, 07:27 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am saddened to hear of your loss, but envious that your life had been blessed with such a special person.

What a beautiful tribute and a wonderful, fulfilling relationship. God Bless you both.

Bill
Old 01-11-2008, 07:42 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What a great story and lady to have shared your life with. My condolences to you and her family.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What a great story to share Bruce. You obviously know that you have been a very lucky man to have spent your time with such a special person. That you can post a piece of such a beautiful story is very fortunate for us, and a great tribute to Lisa.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:09 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

thank you
you have inspired me as my wife is a cancer survivor for 14yrs now and truly the track partner anyone would want. we don't miss an event together and i am touched others do the same.
thank you
Old 01-11-2008, 08:12 PM
hammerwerfer
Racer

Thanks so much for sharing that with us. My condolences on your loss.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:12 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Truly inspiring. All the best Bruce...
Old 01-11-2008, 08:44 PM
2000gt3cup
Rennlist Member

Bruce it never ceases to amaze me how much people - like you - can touch me and so many others without ever meeting..... I have felt and do feel so much for you during this time of loss and mourning...... I wish you happiness in the rest of your life ... you know Lisa would want that.. see you at the track soon

carroll
Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well now...

It must seem so tragic and wrong. It does to me at this moment. And yet, there are so many thousands, millions, that never experience what you have had with her. Through her.

Thanks so much for sharing.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:53 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bruce, thank you for sharing your story. It reminds me how precious what little time we have.
I hope the healing process starts soon. A very special person, I am sorry for your loss.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Lisa sounds like an admirable person who will be deeply missed by all those who's lives she touched.

Marc
Old 01-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Bruce,

It sounds like we all lost someone special. I'm sorry I never met her. My condolences.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

I am the guy who bought the #20 race car that Bruce built and Lisa drove. I met Bruce and Lisa back in October of '98 or '99 at the Heartland Park PCA club race. Meeting both of them left a lasting impression on me. Great couple, great cars (#20 and #22), great tow rig and their pit bikes were all Harleys. Very cool. And, the weather was beautiful that weekend.

From the first time I met them, I knew they were special people . . . and Lisa was exceptionally special. I mean, how often do you find a woman who is passionate about racing, intelligent . . . AND very attractive?? Not very often. Plus, the more I got to know Bruce (while talking with him when finalizing the deal on #20) he gave me a bit more insight into the things Lisa has accomplished for herself and the things she has done for Bruce. These conversations helped me further realize just how amazing Lisa was.

Bruce, I continue to wish all the best to you and the families of Lisa and yourself as you all find your own ways to make the best of your loss. I am glad that your way to cope is by sharing Lisa's story as opposed to withdrawing from society. I have been inspired by her story and I am sure many others will be inspired too.

Best regards,
Jeff

Quick Reply: Lisa Thomas RIP