Sponsored by:

Pace Shadow GT Trailer Heads Up

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:28 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pace Shadow GT Trailer Heads Up

Heads up to Pace Shadow GT Daytona owners of a potential problem. My new less than one year old perfectly maintained trailer had a failure this past weekend. When I arrived at the hotel I opened the side door and the entire thing came off the hinge-track. When I looked closer it appears that the only thing bonding the door to the hinge is an adhesive of some type. A close examination did not seem to reveal any mechanical fasteners just the adhesive on both sides of the door panels. I was able to speak with the dealer and apparently this has happened before and Pace has a modified design. The dealer seems to be on top of it but I wanted to give heads up to other owners.

A few months ago I thought it was overkill to keep a screw gun and miscellaneous screws, washers, fasteners, etc on-board however retrospectively had I not had those items I am not sure how I would have managed the 3.5 hour drive back on the turnpike.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:34 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see Pace and the dealer knew of the problem and let you know before it was a real problem for you...
Old 01-07-2008, 05:26 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah 10-4 on that I knew when I bought it after my Featherlite was stollen I would be taking a hit in build quality but I never actually considered the door falling off, more squeks and rattles. Not alot of fun and I am hopeful I can get it sorted before Winterfest next week. Currently I have way too many screws and a medevil cross-beam inside to keep it on the box.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Reminds me of some track buddies with a never-crashed 993 a lot like mine - 'cept it had a hole in the front bumper caused by their CargoPro door tearing off in a windstorm and finding its way to the front of their car. Ouch.
Weird to think that Pace is relying on a bond only. I still like something that isn't solely reliant on a chemical bond.

Quick Reply: Pace Shadow GT Trailer Heads Up