Sponsored by:

Recaro SGP XL install using OEM sliders

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Tom N
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recaro SGP XL install using OEM sliders

I am having problems getting the stock seat to rise high enough before removing the seat from the car to get enough space between the seat bottom and the top of the slider to access the Torx T-40 bolts and the 13mm nuts that hold the seat to the sliders. I am using the Brey-Krause side mounts designed for the OEM sliders.

Any ideas on getting the seat up ? I am tall and the seat had probably not been raised for 3 years.

Thanks in adavance for any help.

Last edited by Tom N; 01-01-2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-02-2008, 05:21 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry but your post is a little hard to understand. Are you trying to remove the seat completely? my SPG was on recaro side mounts, but i could slide it forward and remove the rear slider-to-chassis bolts, then slide it back and get the front bolts. After that the seat would come right out.

as for removing the slider from the mount, I'm 90% sure it was the same idea, i needed to move the slider forward to get to the rear slider/mount bolts.

good luck.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Tom N
Instructor

Perhaps I was a tad vauge in my original post.

I can take out the OEM seat and slider combo easily. You are correct in moving the seat fore and aft to get to the E12 bolts that mount the slider to the chassis.

The problem, once the OEM seat is out of the car, is getting to the bolts that hold the seat frame to the slider assembly. It requires that the seat be in its highest position, which is best done while the seat is still mounted to the chassis in the car. My seats just won't move up over an inch or so.

I may have found a thin rachet that will hold a T-40 bit that will get into the space.

I took this route (B-K side mounts to OEM sliders) because it supposedly is the lowest mounting postion with sliders.

Thanks for your respone.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:38 AM
easyC
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

use a flat 13mm wrench for the fronts and a torx wrench for the rear if you are still having a problem like I did when I installed my gt3 seats on BK brackets you can take the seat back off... two large bolts are on each side of the seat at the point where the back and bottom meet. they are hidden by plastic if I remember correctly.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:36 PM
juddtaylor
Instructor

I remove the bolts before I disconnect the seat wiring. This allows me to use the seat motors to move the seat around so I can get to the bolts.

I do the same thing on the re-install. I first set it in the seat well, connect the wiring, then move it around as I'm bolting it in.

Just make sure you don't put the key in the ignition while the seat wiring is diconnected, or you'll trip an airbag code, and the bags will release with 2x normal force until it has been cleared.

-Judd

Quick Reply: Recaro SGP XL install using OEM sliders