Sponsored by:

Daytona 24.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:24 AM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Daytona 24.

As you may know I'm a big fan of TRG as I crew for them when I can. But these guy are going to be tough to beat. It should be the best Daytona in many a year

Bernhard, Maassen and Bergmeister Join Farnbacher Loles for Rolex 24

ATLANTA (December 15, 2007) -- Upon his return from Porsche's annual banquet in Weissach Germany, Farnbacher Loles Principal Owner Gregory Loles announced the addition of three world-class Porsche drivers to the team for the Rolex 24 At Daytona.

"We are very happy to welcome Timo Bernhard, Sascha Maassen and Jörg Bergmeister to bolster our already stellar lineup," Loles said. "This is a significant development not only for Farnbacher Loles, but also for the fans and the series. It also gives us considerable responsibility to put Porsche back on the podium in this storied race."

Filling out two of the team's seven entries, Bernhard, Maassen and Bergmeister join 2007 Rolex Series Champion Dirk Werner, along with 2005 Daytona Champs Dominik Farnbacher, Wolf Henzler, and Pierre Ehret. After leading for much of the 2007 race and taking two podiums during the season, Leh Keen returns for another shot at the Daytona win along with team newcomer Eric Lux, who also ran strong last season.

Last edited by ZAPmobile; 12-17-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:09 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

They will be TOUGH to beat!! I was testing my new car along with Leh and the other guys in Atlanta last Friday and they are really serious about winning the race. Farnbacher-Loles will have the strongest drivers and support crews ever, I hope I can head down and check out the race as it should be a blast.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Arnie, I assume you are Margo are heading down for the race? I think we might head down as well! We can leave the little one with my mother-in-law for the weekend in Orlando.....not sure he would enjoy the 24 like he does VIR club days.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:56 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Dell,

We are hoping to be there; but my daughter is expecting our second granddaughter in early Jan. So we'll have to work around the baby. Maybe your mother-in-law would like two.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:29 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Spectating or working with TRG?
Old 12-17-2007, 03:53 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

There are a couple of options we're working on. But it will come down to when the baby is born and when we head to Chicago to see the new granddaughter.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:52 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Just tell them to take lots of pictures! This 24 could be VERY good.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:33 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is this going to be the "I'm going" thread? If so, I took a look at airfares over the weekend; fly overnight Wed and come back Sun evening. Haven't been there for the race since 2000. If anyone would happen to need help, I'm all ears!

Quick Reply: Daytona 24.