Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McLaren's New Second Driver

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It all started with Hamilton not following team orders during qualifying and Alonso reacting with complete lack of forsight. That lead to forcing Mac to choose sides and guess what? Up to that point I saw Mac treating both drivers equally. After that point, defiantely not.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Its amazing how the press loves to spin things.
This is from the autosport article:

What Alonso complained of was the lack of equal treatment, which is the exact opposite. His teammate was favored by the team. If only it was true and there was equal treatment. We would have had a 3xWDC.
Raj

I call BS....

Alonso didn't want equal treatment. Everything that was reported indicated he wanted preferential treatment and strategy.

When he didn't get it he like a little baby.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
I call BS....

Alonso didn't want equal treatment. Everything that was reported indicated he wanted preferential treatment and strategy.

When he didn't get it he like a little baby.
+1 Same thing now at Renault, our very own "F1's wah wah pedal" needs to be #1, if not, there will be bitching and moaning.
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2007, 05:58 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Raj is correct , you guys need medication and ray , well he races a boxster, with a
nomex g-string

Alonso complaint was justified and to quote reports is a joke, what is most important to this past situation, with Alonso and Dennis, was what did Dennis promise Alonso to lure him to mclaren and never delivered, Alonso had issues with this by mid season. Also hillarious is this notion that heikki was scooped up by mclaren , mclaren knew for at least a month heikki would be available and as far back as Monza that Alonso was leaving the team, yet they where in no hurry to announce their second driver, typical in F1 is there release protocol, for annoucements.

Heikki is of no threat to hamilton ...........

Last edited by A.Wayne; 12-18-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,693 Likes on 874 Posts

It amazes me how someone so clearly talented as alonso can be--and, more importantly, act repeatedly in public--sofa king insecure.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
It amazes me how someone so clearly talented as alonso can be--and, more importantly, act repeatedly in public--sofa king insecure.
I've often wondered if it's his English, if the press really hates him, if he's clueless, unlucky, misunderstood or just a jerk. Somehow Kimi has been forgiven for his many sins, the greatest of which is massive underachievement, but Alonso can't seem to get out of his own way. I will say this, if I was picking the lead driver for my new F1 team Alonso would be at the top of the list along with LH and his Dad. It would be a tough choice.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:19 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Jim,
I would have to agree with you the british press created that image of alonso and the MS nut swingers run with it as it supports their unfounded position.

Alonso started 07 as the best driver in F1 , i can honestly say he is still the best driver in f1 going into 08. Because he is the most complete of all the drivers currently .
Hammy is by far the most talented but have yet to mature to Alonso level , Kimi is , well kimi , fast but flawed in his approach by comparison, Massa is still fragile as an Egg, a fast easter egg.

At Mclaren next year Hammy has nothing to fear from Heikki , who is not in the same league, he will make a good no 2 at mclaren in his support of Lewis....

Quick Reply: McLaren's New Second Driver