Sponsored by:

Choosing a Reclinable Track Seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 08:14 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, thanks for the input.
The info came from a prerelease of the PCA DE rule addendum due out shortly.
I want the seats because I want rear seat access and I hate changing seats. I will run with a rollbar or harness bar, 6-point harnesses, seatback braces, and a Hans device.

So, based on the rest of the rules listed it appears the only way to meet the requirements with a reclinable seat is to utilize the OEM 3-point belt system. The SFI/FIA reclining seats don't seem to exist.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:39 PM
jcb-memphis
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a cg lock...anythink like that for the shoulder strap...what I want is to be held tightly....or soemthing like a sparco torino....and bk bar.

TIA.

JB
Old 07-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi can you link or point to this PCA "DE" rule addendum? I hope you are not referring to the PCA 2008 Club Racing New Rules???

Even for club racing PCA allows a non-FIA racing seat as long as it has a seat back brace. So the Kirkey's and countless others are "legal"

-Paul

Originally Posted by North Coast Cab
Wow, thanks for the input.
The info came from a prerelease of the PCA DE rule addendum due out shortly.
I want the seats because I want rear seat access and I hate changing seats. I will run with a rollbar or harness bar, 6-point harnesses, seatback braces, and a Hans device.

So, based on the rest of the rules listed it appears the only way to meet the requirements with a reclinable seat is to utilize the OEM 3-point belt system. The SFI/FIA reclining seats don't seem to exist.

Quick Reply: Choosing a Reclinable Track Seat