Sponsored by:

It's official, I'm a Track Addict!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007 | 09:05 AM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Darned Abby, I was there and didn't even know that was you.....!

As you pulled into your park spot, directly in your rearview mirror would have been a u-shaped park of motor homes, I was right there all weekend with the 944 Spec guys.

T
So you were parked with John Crosby and Lane (forget his last name) right accross from Randy Greff and myself?

Wish we would have met. I'll be coming back there for future events, so we'll catch up then..

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Car sounded strong down the straight too btw...!

T
Thanks!
Old 12-04-2007 | 10:14 AM
Mike Frye
Craic Head
Lifetime Rennlist

Abby,

I missed this thread until now. I'm really glad you got it on the track and had a great day. That car is a work of art. I'm jealous that you did your first DE before me. I scratched from the one I was supposed to do this past October because I didn't think my car was up to the task. Next spring will be my first hit of the 'track pipe'.

That sucks about your windshield.

It's awesome that you can drive in January down there, we're 'off season' up here.

Congrats and good luck!!!
Old 12-04-2007 | 11:40 AM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wreck Me Otter
Your new Cycle of Life begins...

1. Buy cool fast car.

2. Start going to track events. Get hooked.

3. Throw lots of money at cool fast car.

4. Realize that cool, fast car does not fit in any racing classes.

5. Buy slower, cheaper car to race.

6. Notice that actually racing slow, "cheap" car costs as much as track days with the cool, fast car.

7. Sell cool, fast car.

8. Race, race, race.

9. Realize that you're broke, the house is falling down (because you have no time to deal with it), and you're sick of driving a big diesel pickup to the 7-11.

10. Sell all race junk.

Repeat.
I guess I must be on step 3....
Old 12-04-2007 | 01:47 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Originally Posted by Abby
So you were parked with John Crosby and Lane (forget his last name) right accross from Randy Greff and myself?
I only had a street car there (GT3 944T in progress), I hang with the guy that was to your right of Lane in that setup though, gray 944 spec car. I was helping Lane Sunday am fix that broken ball joint and bent tie rod though, you'd recognize me if you saw me again probably.

Wish we would have met. I'll be coming back there for future events, so we'll catch up then..

Thanks!
Cool, the track is not in so great of shape these days, a few bad dips but it's a decent layout.
I have a friend that lives about 1-2 air miles from the track and he met up with me at my shop on Saturday am before I took off for NPR so I could fix a race Mustang 4R70W tranny for him.......he said "1 car was louder than the rest and I could hear it from my house".

He meant yours.....

T (didn't even know you were not in NO anymore)
Old 12-04-2007 | 09:49 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Life is good. I did my first DE this year after years of owning a Porsche. I have been kicking myself for not starting sooner but the good news is that I started. I am in the winter lands and sad that I have months till we get some good weather. Glad to see I am not the only one sitting and thinking of betters days to come.

Quick Reply: It's official, I'm a Track Addict!