Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:13 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question CaraCoat out of business

Don't know how many people here use Caracoat visors, but I just found out that they went out of business.

I was trying to find a visor for my son's new karting helmet (Arai SK5) for next season and was told this.

Anyone have any sources for any remaining Caracoat visors, Iridium Red or Iridium Gold?

thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
volpenyc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interestingly enough, I fired off an email to Cara coat trying to get a visor for my Arai GP5W. The response I got back was "we haven't been supplied by Arai with a helmet, so we haven't made any...". That was over six months ago. I fired off another follow up email last week, and am still waiting for a response. I'll let you know if I hear anything, but from the sounds of it, I may be waiting for a long time. Don't know of anyone else that make the iridium shield for car helmets, do you?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:29 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The Caracoat website is gone, so I don't think a reply to your email is forthcoming.

From what I was told by Speedware Motorsports, there is an equivalent unit that should be available after the first of the year.

Quick Reply: CaraCoat out of business