Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recaro Pole Position and Sparco Evo, same general dimensions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Edit - Sparco Pro 2000 and Sparco Evo, same general dimensions?

Check my last post for the new question.. .

I am looking into buying a Sparco Evo from a guy a few miles upstate from me. We have not been able to meet up yet for me to test fit my butt into the seat but probably will wednesday morning. I am curious, are the dimensions of these seats basically the same? I have looked up the two dimensions as listed on the Recaro and Sparco webpages. The dimensions i am most concerned about are against the hips, which i guess equates to the seat cushion width. Sparco lists two dimensions for the seat cushion area, 15 inches and 20.5 inches. Recaro lists one, 430mm or about 16.9 inches. I am not sure if the dimensions are the same however. Recaro lists the distance between the lower seat bolsters, while Sparco lists the 20.5 dimension as the distance between the very ends of the bolster cushions and 15 inches as the width of the actual cushion your tush is on. So im not sure if this is comparing apples to oranges.

I am a pretty slim guy, 155lbs and a 33inch waist. I am just worried the Evo might be a little to snug for me based on those dimensions (but i dont know if they are measured across the same spots). I have sat in the Pole Position before and it fit me like a glove. Anyone have experience with both?

Im just trying to get an idea as to what to expect. Ill feel bad if this guy has been holding onto this seat for me for the last month practically only for me to tell him i am to wide (never thought i would ever say that in my life!).

Here are the dimension pages, ..

http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/26.pdf <-- The seat is a regular Evo, so i am assuming the Sparco Evo 1 is the seat.

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=3609&region=3&L=2

Last edited by Techno Duck; 12-04-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 170# with 33" waist, and fit into the Sparco Evo with no problem.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I have sat in both back-to-back and found the EVO to be a little roomier than the pole position, given your size I think either seat will be fine for you.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Both will be fine for your 'dimensions' I am 6', 180# with a 34 inch waist and am quite comfortable in an EVO...its snug but comfortable
Old 10-29-2007, 04:43 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jon you are the exact same size as me... I'm 6'0" 160 32/33" waist. I fit in the Evo but it is snug... as it should be for a race seat.

Might not work for the passenger seat but for you...
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Thanks guys, it should fit me well also in that case. I am 5'11'' and 155lbs. For the time being i am only changing the driver seat and going to keep the factory sport seat on the passenger side. Eventually i plan to go with a recliner, probably a Recaro SRD / Speed or Sparco Torino on that side to make it more friendly towards passengers.

Its funny because my 944 is supposed to be my daily driver and the 951 is supposed to be a track car. Yet i have no a/c in my 944 and now a fixed back drivers seat...both cars have roll bars, what the hell am i doing?? .
Old 10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like exactly what I'm doing... covering all the bases, just in case the NA gets 'boring'
Old 12-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Hey guys, bumping this one up again. Havent heard from the guy with the Sparco Evo in a few weeks but have a line on a Sparco Pro 2000 local to me also. Ive looked at the dimensions for the two and it seems they are pretty close in dimensions. Can anyone whos sat in both compare the two in terms of differences? It looks like the 'bucket' on the Pro 2000 is a little deeper, i guess meaning getting in and out a little more of a chore.

BTW, i did test fit myself in the Evo...and i fit great .
Old 12-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

The Pro2000 is a nice seat, it felt a lot bigger than the pole position. They are probably good for someone with up to a 36 waist.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:13 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Depending on your seat mounting preferences, the EVO is side-mount only. The Pro2000 can be used with side and bottom mount, I believe.
From a comfort standpoint, I found them to be about equal, but that's just my opinion.
Even though I'm 5'10" and 175 or so, I went with the EVO-L for a little more width, as I have occasions where I have my father drive and he's more like 6'0" and 190 or so.
I haven't found the EVO-L to be too wide for me.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cory M
The Pro2000 is a nice seat, it felt a lot bigger than the pole position. They are probably good for someone with up to a 36 waist.
I think it is a tighter seat than the Evo, though, with the higher kidney bolster.

That said, Techno Duck you should still have no problem sitting in it.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:16 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Hey guys, bumping this one up again. Havent heard from the guy with the Sparco Evo in a few weeks but have a line on a Sparco Pro 2000 local to me also. Ive looked at the dimensions for the two and it seems they are pretty close in dimensions. Can anyone whos sat in both compare the two in terms of differences? It looks like the 'bucket' on the Pro 2000 is a little deeper, i guess meaning getting in and out a little more of a chore.

BTW, i did test fit myself in the Evo...and i fit great .

Long time ago I sat in an Evo and it was good. I bought a Pro2000 and love it.

I am 5' 7" and 155lbs and it is comfortable and nice fit.

Quick Reply: Recaro Pole Position and Sparco Evo, same general dimensions?