Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yet another enclosed trailer question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Vlocity
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Vlocity, do you have any more pics of your cabinet work? I'm interesting in building some, too. I'd love a closer look at what you did.
I don't have any better photos here. What I did was go to Lowes and bought the cheapest white laminate cabinets that they had...I believe that the base is 6 feet and then I bought 2 standard 2 foot wall cabinets and put a shelf in between. I assembled the cabinets and heavily glued then clamped everything prior to the install. On the right side I have a closet shelf with a built in coat hangar. It's nice to put the helmets up on the shelf and hang any jackets spare shirts etc from the rack. That left space underneath to either place fuel containers, tools and tires. The flooring is just standard vinyl tile that I glued down over a weekend. My trailer is a Tornado brand and was recommended to me by a friend that runs a trucking company, its what he ordered for himself and I've got to say that it has been very robust although not as light as I would like. Ths trailer uses a torsion axel assembly and not leaf springs. It pulls great. Two weekends ago we made a round trip from Northern, Ohio to Tennesse to move my son and his new bride. Once you have a trailer you'll wonder how you ever got by without one.

Regards,

Ken
Old 09-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 174 Posts

No matter what enclosed trailer you decide to buy, get something like this this and you will be a lot more relaxed when pulling it..:

http://www.reese-hitches.com/WD/dt_strait_line.html

I use the Prodigy brake controller and love it (it plugged right into my GM fuse block and just worked perfectly from Day 1)..

Last edited by Gary R.; 09-25-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:20 AM
rsrdan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also pull a 20ft trailer with cabinets loaded with race car = 6200lbs..tow with 04' f150 13mpg. and yes get a weight dist system

Quick Reply: yet another enclosed trailer question