Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 PCA rule change for GTC classes.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007 | 03:01 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Default 2008 PCA rule change for GTC classes.....

"GTC Classes
1. Allow the use of Lexan front windows in GTC Cup cars.
2. Allow any 2-way adjustable shock in GTC3 and GTC4. Reason: Consistency with the way these cars were or are running in IMSA Cup Challenge Series. Multiple racers proposed, one noted this is also consistent with POC and SCCA.
3. Allow replacement of toe links in GTC2 and GTC3 with aftermarket links if they are the same length as the OEM toe link when adjusted by the eccentric. Note: we are especially interested in comments concerning the incidence of problems with the stock toe-links."

How does the idea of ANY 2-way shock sit with the East Coast 6-Cup racers? I understand why they went that way with the 7-cups (IMSA compatability), but since that's not an issue with 6-cups I'm not sure I like the idea. I really appreciated the equality of the GTC-3 class and I fear we'll lose that "Spec Class" compatability. It opens the door to other modifications such as gearing, wings, etc.

Am I over-reacting? Comments please.......
Old 09-14-2007 | 03:03 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

I dont care if they allow 18 way unobtainium shocks. The more the merrier, whatever makes the driver feel better, it wont really affect the outcome of many races.
Old 09-14-2007 | 03:14 PM
kbc993
Advanced

I agree, I like having the option to get shocks rebuild locally. Sachs will not sell parts to shops in my area.
Old 09-14-2007 | 03:47 PM
Glen
Race Car

Bunch of revalved cheater shocks out there already. This solves the problem right away. I like my nonadjustables, I ran the Nonadjustable bilstiens over the adjustable doubles on the 6's and now I just have the nonadjustable sachs that came on the 7 new still. They seem to work fine.
Old 09-14-2007 | 03:56 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Glen
I ran the Nonadjustable bilstiens over the adjustable doubles on the 6's and now I just have the nonadjustable sachs that came on the 7 new still. They seem to work fine.
Yeah, you just do that to give others a fair chance

I do like adjusablility but don't heavily rely upon it
Old 09-14-2007 | 04:44 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

I finally found a nitrogen guage/filler that works with the short Sachs valve stems and now they want to change them?

Actually I really don't care. I have a nice set of JRZs in the garage that came with my car. I suppose I could put those to use but shocks aren't the limiting factor in my car.
Old 09-14-2007 | 05:13 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

The GT3 996 can already upgrade to the later adjustable Sachs if they want to, that should be plenty of choice. No need for $10K JRZs IMHO. Rebuilt cheater stock shocks are probably not much better than the Sachs if you know how to set them. Though I have heard that Penske parts in a Bilstein type shock can make them work a whole lot better so not so sure...
Old 09-17-2007 | 11:09 AM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Glen do you have any 996 cup spares ? looking for the sachs if possible.

thx

I am awaiting the outcome of this proposal. I need to either service my Bilstiens or get something new and keep the bilsteins as spares
Old 09-17-2007 | 11:51 AM
Glen
Race Car

Sure just ring when you have time. Ph# in Your PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 PCA rule change for GTC classes.....