Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lexan window polishing ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 07:11 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You took the words right out of my mouth Geoffrey!!!!!!!!!!

Damn nice garage-ma-hal!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:40 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eddie nice garage!!!!!!!!!!!! i have it here now you should drive it!!!! just came down Old Mine Rd off of 40 laid it sideways a few times!!!!!!!!!!

i am glad to be here

thinking last month i had a cup car, 997 gt3 , 997 GT3 RS and a 996TT x51 in the garage now i have rs boat and jet ski... hmmmm thinking the gt2 better get here quickly
Old 08-24-2007, 11:58 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyT
Jim thanks. Do you have the gilled rear side windows ? If so do you have any pics of the car. I was sweating my sack off in the car this past weekend with the front window installed. Now I know why Matt took off the driver's side !!

Pretty warm in there isn't it. I have the slotted rear windows. I also can remove the side windows and use a net when it's real hot. And I have a cool suit and one of those gizmos that blow cool air into your helmet. Normally heat doesn't bother me but it's amazing how much easier it is to drive if you are comfortable. If you only do one thing, get the helmet blower. It's great.

I've attached a picture but you really can't see the slots. Let me know if you want me to take some close ups.
Jim
Attached Images  
Old 08-26-2007, 01:18 AM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 101 Posts

I'm experimenting with a "tear-off" to protect the lexan. It goes on like windowtint but of course on the outside. I hope that when I take it off it does not leave a opaque residue like windowtint but a clean lexan window so I can apply my next tearoff.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:43 AM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey;

Lexan is like paint. I pollish it with a buffer and start with whatever grit compound is needed, working my way to a finishing glaze at the end. It's the only way to get them back to factory. Doing coated stuff obviously kills the coating in short order, but the side windows are not coated, I don't believe.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smlporsche
What are you implying?? hhmmm?? J/K

I see from your sig that you have / had an S2 also.

Eventually I get something with it's motor in the right place !!
Or wrong place forgive them
Old 08-27-2007, 10:24 AM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, The cool shirt is on order. I bought the car with the system but I am about 150 pounds and 5 7' . Previous owner was much bigger so the shirt did not come with the car. I am thinking the window net is better for cooling but without the gilled windows the air has nowhere to exit the car.

Quick Reply: Lexan window polishing ?