Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks to SunCoast PCA from a new instructor!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 05:50 PM
bertmerv
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to SunCoast PCA from a new instructor!

Just wanted to post a big thank you to the folks at SunCoast PCA for a great Instructors Day and DE at Sebring this past weekend. They graciously allowed this Goldcoast PCA member to join their Instructors School, qualifed me, then gave me an intercom and a great student (guinea pig) for Sunday. I had fun and learned a lot from my mentors. Thanks Bill and Larry!
I'll admit my first role-play as an instructor was similar overload to my very first time on the track! Bill was demonstrating every student mistake possible in the minimum amount of time. My head was on a swivel, and my tongue could not keep up with what I needed to say. At one point he stuck his hand out the window. I was about to correct this latest dumb student move, then I realize he was giving a point by! Where did that guy come from? This instructing business is hard work. Fortunately, by the end of the day, I got used to the pace and got my "instructor rhythm" down. My real student on Sunday was a cake walk by comparison.
I have run with a lot of different clubs down here, but I was really impressed by the organization, quality, safety and general good spirit of the event. Seeing Chief Instructor Rich on the wall giving all the green students applause and thumbs up at the end of Sunday was just one little sign of how this club treats everyone. Thanks again!
--Robert
Old 08-08-2007, 06:05 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

As one new instructor to another Congratulations !

Sounds like you had a great time.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:24 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Yeah...right on! +1 for me. I was there both days too and although I have not been solo long enough to be considered for instructor school I love DE's with Suncoast. An absolute great bunch of people behind the scenes, running the event and on the track.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats to both of you!!! And welcome to the club!!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Jims5543
Intermediate

My hat is off to ANYONE willing to get into a right seat and instruct. I am not sure I could physically and mentally handle it.

Kudos to you and all driving instructors out there.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:16 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
Congrats to both of you!!! And welcome to the club!!
Did anyone teach them the secret handshake Seriously great job and welcome.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:25 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 656 Likes on 319 Posts

I can speak for all Suncoast members when I say we greatly apprciate all the Instructors who come out to share the passion with students. I think the foundation for me is that someone took the time when I started to teach and bear with my ignorance so it is only proper and equally rewarding to return that favor to those who are starting out now. See u all on Sept 15, don't forget Gold Coast is at Sebring on the 16th so as was said before in baseball, "lets play two"
Rich
Suncoast Region Chief Track Instructor

Quick Reply: Thanks to SunCoast PCA from a new instructor!