Sponsored by:

Best Seats for Shanghai F1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best Seats for Shanghai F1?

Hoping to go to the F1 race in Shanghai in October. Has anyone attended before? What section do you recommend and where would be the best place to purchase tickets? Section 'B4-B8' or 'B1-B3' @ Turn 1 and 2 seem like a good vantage point.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Ephraim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there two years ago in the C1-C4 section. It was a decent place and I got to see Schumacher somehow smash his car up in the warmup lap. The view of the race was okay. Might be better in the main grandstand or the back straight in H/J/K. I don't remember where, if any, passing happens.

Can't say where to buy tickets, our local sales team had already picked up tickets when I got there.

I can say the shuttle buses take a long time to get out to the track. It isn't exactly near Shanghai. I punted the qualifying and just watched it from a bar downtown. Give yourself plenty of time to get in and get back. On the way out the crush of people in lines for buses was pretty bad.

If you're going to buy souvenirs don't buy on the way in and do get any team related gear from the "fence vendors". Naturally you'll want to negotiate aggressively on price too.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Pcar944
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the hotel could arrange tickets?

Quick Reply: Best Seats for Shanghai F1?