Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** HANS & R3 GROUP BUY ***

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like there is a lot of interest but few orders. Is anyone going to order?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:32 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm making my order tomorrow. Just need to decide if I want to get a new helmet or not
Old 07-10-2007, 05:34 PM
jimculp
Shop Rat
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm shipping my helmet to them and enclosing a check tomorrow. Talked to Linda about it this morning.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:52 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

C'mon Brian, shoot me a PM. Seriously, you can't test them if you don't have them.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. Appreciate the update.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:25 PM
zoogie
2nd Gear

Brian you da man, I am doing it tomorrow. Drivers, I have NEVER seen a discount on HANS. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
You think you never will have an accident? Good for you. My son thought so until he got rear ended by some dope at an SCCA race in No Problem. I *cough* never thought it would happen to me until I lost brakes at Barber. Neither was serious, but if I was a faster driver it could have been.
We spend $1000 on tires for a race. What are we thinking not to spend less than that on our own safety?
Brian got a good deal from a rennlist sponsor.
Go for it.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:55 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I don't understand the secrecy around this GB. This is uncomfortable. Am I missing something? A Rennlist Sponsor does not want positive recognition for their contribution to those who populate this community? AKA Adv. Their willingness to do a GB earns the goodwill of their clients. Are there any laws being broken? Will Hans cut them off for selling too many? What gives?

I got a nice discount on my Hans Pro. (Not a Group Buy) They are available at good prices.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:58 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian, am interested. pm on way
Old 07-11-2007, 12:41 AM
J Silverman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by paradisenb
I don't understand the secrecy around this GB. This is uncomfortable. Am I missing something? A Rennlist Sponsor does not want positive recognition for their contribution to those who populate this community? AKA Adv. Their willingness to do a GB earns the goodwill of their clients. Are there any laws being broken? Will Hans cut them off for selling too many? What gives?
I am assuming that part of their deal with HANS is that they arent allowed to publish prices lower than a certain amount.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
I don't understand the secrecy around this GB. This is uncomfortable.
Randy,
I'm sorry to hear of your discomfort, but your concerns are unwarranted. It's not like I'm selling these out of the back of my truck.

Here's the background. I've never seen a Hans advertised for anything other than list. I'm guessing the manufacturer has something to do with this. I have no vested interest in this GB. I'm just a guy who wants to protect my head & neck for something less than list price and I thought there might be others like myself. A very reputable Rennlist Sponsor offered to come up with an attractive price, free shipping and free installation if you'd like. A condition of this GB was that they and the discount not be disclosed publicly. I don't find that request unreasonable.

Regards,
Old 07-11-2007, 08:27 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Brian, I certainly do not suspect you or the sponsor of nefarious actions. I simply do not understand why the vendor chooses not to be named. So and So has offered a great $ on Hans devices. Price cannot be publicized. Perhaps Hans would take issue with publicizing discount prices, OK, I can accept that, though I think it is bull****.
My concerns would not likely prevent me from participating in this GB if I were in the market. Still, the whole secrecy thing is disconcerting.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:57 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Randy, come on, let it go. Brian has procured a group but with a SITE SPONSOR and part of the requirement to allow for such a great price is contingent upon getting the info from the organizer and then contacting the vendor directly. I am willing to bet is has EVERYTHING to do with manufacturer policies.

This is absolutely nothing secretive or unscrupulous about it. Either you want to participate or you move on.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:03 AM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Either the dealer is willing to breach their agreement with Hubbard/Downing by selling below a designated price in order to avoid five months of dead money, or they are going to drop the line altogether.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:18 AM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

usually items can be sold for whatever the dealer decides. It's the publishing and advertising of lower than agreed upon prices that creates the issue.

If you don't like the terms they don't buy.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:04 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Why is it that some people are making this more of an issue than it really is. Either you are interested and then contact Brian or you STFU and move on. Never understood why there always those people that always try to find the holes in something and focus on that rather than saying.......HEY BRIAN, THANKS SO MUCH FOR PUTTING THIS TOGETHER, I AM VERY INTERESTED AND WILL PM YOU FOR THE DETAILS....THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Quick Reply: *** HANS & R3 GROUP BUY ***