Road America DE w/ Nord Stern

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 12:26 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chulo
Jim - does that include the cup? I'd be thrilled just to be a passenger.
Ben,
I'm not sure I'll put the passenger seat in my cup. I don't plan to drive it much. Just to make sure everthing is good for the BRIC. I'd be glad to have a passenger in the black car though. We've got a very conservative alignment in it and have put the cats back on but it's still a fun ride.

Look me up.
Jim
Old 07-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Chulo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
Ben,
I'm not sure I'll put the passenger seat in my cup. I don't plan to drive it much. Just to make sure everthing is good for the BRIC. I'd be glad to have a passenger in the black car though. We've got a very conservative alignment in it and have put the cats back on but it's still a fun ride.

Look me up.
Jim
Will do.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:57 PM
speedread
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Robert - feel free to look me up. I'll be up there later today - red C2, #971. There are about 4-5 chicago PCA guys up there, too, that I can hook you up with also. I'll be in the paddock with a guy (black 993tt) that I'm sure would be open to some instruction. Either way, you'll get seat time.
Thanks. I'll try to find you. I'm in the white Isuzu minivan
Old 07-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Astro0boy
Instructor

So, did everyone make it home in one piece? I popped a clutch cable on tuesday afternoon, going into turn 5. Otherwise, I had a great couple of days.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by Astroboy
So, did everyone make it home in one piece? I popped a clutch cable on tuesday afternoon, going into turn 5. Otherwise, I had a great couple of days.
No issues here. I rode with a buddy in his GT3, and we had a little spin coming out of Canada. Got a nice 180 degree view of the corner. Luckily, we did not hit anything (and nobody hit us).
Old 07-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by JimB
Ben,

Look me up.
Jim
Jim - came looking for you a few times, and each time you were not there. Cars looked great. Good to see you were exercising the cup. It sounded great. See you there Labor Day.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:37 PM
944TURBOS
Racer

No issues here. I rode with a buddy in his GT3, and we had a little spin coming out of Canada. Got a nice 180 degree view of the corner. Luckily, we did not hit anything (and nobody hit us).
I think we spoke! I was the guy in the black GT3!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by 944TURBOS
I think we spoke! I was the guy in the black GT3!
We did. I think we also spoke at Memorial Day when I was walking around with Shawn. Good to see you again - I'm sure I'll see you up there for Labor Day.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:13 AM
tyro
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben-

Got a photo of ya prior to 5:
Attached Images  
Old 07-19-2007, 03:24 AM
944TURBOS
Racer

We did. I think we also spoke at Memorial Day when I was walking around with Shawn. Good to see you again - I'm sure I'll see you up there for Labor Day.
going to be there without a doubt. Looks like 5 or 6 B class cars already signed up. I cant wait! See ya then
Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 PM
speedread
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Even though I came in my mom's minivan I had a lot of fun. It was good eating out with a bunch of you; and I got invited to instruct (and ride in),everything from wonderfully fast turbos to a Noble (445 HP, 2,400 lbs I think), to a nimble Cayman; to one great driver who has definitely some good chops that come from tracking a motorcycle as well as his car while buying stock in Hoosier ; to another massively fast turbo who's driver sawed at the wheel like crazy while keeping old tires perfectly on line for a smooth fast ride.....proving that a smooth car trumps a smooth steering input any day once you get some real speed going!
It was a fun day that ended with a phone call that my car's ECU is completely working; the engine is putting out the power, and my car is finished at Protomotive in Arkansas, (there were at least 4 of us who are satisfied customers of Protomotive there at RA). My car is now being sent back to Kelly Moss in Madison, Wi. for the final work. Since my 3rd radiator has been already installed, most of what is left is putting the seats and roll cage back in, getting the car corner balanced, etc. Soon I hope to be driving again
Old 07-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by speedread
Even though I came in my mom's minivan I had a lot of fun. It was good eating out with a bunch of you; and I got invited to instruct (and ride in),everything from wonderfully fast turbos to a Noble (445 HP, 2,400 lbs I think), to a nimble Cayman; to one great driver who has definitely some good chops that come from tracking a motorcycle as well as his car while buying stock in Hoosier ; to another massively fast turbo who's driver sawed at the wheel like crazy while keeping old tires perfectly on line for a smooth fast ride.....proving that a smooth car trumps a smooth steering input any day once you get some real speed going!
It was a fun day that ended with a phone call that my car's ECU is completely working; the engine is putting out the power, and my car is finished at Protomotive in Arkansas, (there were at least 4 of us who are satisfied customers of Protomotive there at RA). My car is now being sent back to Kelly Moss in Madison, Wi. for the final work. Since my 3rd radiator has been already installed, most of what is left is putting the seats and roll cage back in, getting the car corner balanced, etc. Soon I hope to be driving again
Good to hear. See you at Dave's trailer for Labor Day.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:12 PM
banzaisan
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben - I won't be attending the Labor event. If you see my trailer, it was stolen!

Robert - Hope you can attend the Gingerman Event in August.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by banzaisan
Ben - I won't be attending the Labor event. If you see my trailer, it was stolen!
I do know where you keep it.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:34 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jim - came looking for you a few times, and each time you were not there. Cars looked great. Good to see you were exercising the cup. It sounded great. See you there Labor Day.
Ben,
Sorry for the slow response. We stayed raced at the BRIC this weekend and I just got back late last night. Too bad we missed each other. I hope you had a good time.
Jim

Quick Reply: Road America DE w/ Nord Stern