Sponsored by:

OG Racing Roll Cages

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Antonio
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OG Racing Roll Cages

I’m looking for input on roll cages made and sold by OG Racing. I’m considering one for a 944 S2 dedicated track car.
Thanks…
Old 06-29-2007, 12:44 PM
J Silverman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHen I was looking for a roll bar for my 924 I got positive input from a few people. I think 924Racer has or had one in his car and he seemed happy with it. In my case I went with a custom bar because kit only cost me a little ($200 at most) more or so after you factor installation in. The full cage will cost more but so will the installation but I have a feeling that like my case it wont cost allthat much more to go full custom. I do have a couple friends that work at OG so I can maybe try to get some pictures etc. I think they even sent them to me when I was considering their bar so Ill check for you.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Jon Moeller
Three Wheelin'

I'm selling one of their roll bars. When I was shopping, it was the best that I found. Mounts to the heavy gauge steel on the sills, rather than the thin floor. Consideration was clearly given to getting the hoop as high as possible in the cabin, and the harness bar was at the correct height. If I was still running a 944, it would still be in the car, and I'd still be totally satisfied with the purchase.

-Jon
Old 06-29-2007, 01:46 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Yes, I do have one, and for the reasons stated above. However it's clearly designed for a car with full interior; as I have basically none, there's still some extra space between the roof and the top of the cage. If you're running without (an interior), you may be better off going custom.

Also consider if you'll need more stuff (bars) added to be legal... the single bolt-in door bars that my cage came with are no longer legal in SCCA (they were at the time I bought it), and so I've since replaced them with dual bars. And you may want additional bracing - like a dash bar. YMMV!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Antonio
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. I've had good luck with OG Racing products in the past and this cage looked very nice in their showroom floor. This cage was definitely designed with full interiors in mind. Mine is going to be completely stripped. Also, as Vaughan mentioned, it will require at minimum fabricating one additional bar on each side. So in light of these I'm now leaning towards a Safety Devices weld-in. The price listed includes additional tubing needed to make it SCCA-legal. Any thoughts on that?
Old 06-30-2007, 09:26 AM
timo944
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anthony,

For my $$$ I have been most satifsoed with a custom fit cage. I had the OG and it is very good. The older safety devices cages left somethgin to be desired but I have not seen one for many years. I too think that by the time you get the cage installed, it's a wash as to whether you install a pre-made cage or a customer cage. From that perspective, go with a custom made.

BTW - make sure the downcomers go through the dash - makes it much easier to get out of the car in a pinch!
Old 06-30-2007, 08:37 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an OG cage as well.

As mentioned previously there is room in a stripped out car so you will be somewhat comprimised and you will need a second bar for the driver's side (only).

In my situation the front bar at the top of the windshield is only about an inch or 2 away from my helmet. I'm not sure what others are experiencing. Perhaps a custom cage would alleviate that.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:59 PM
John Brown
Instructor

Have an OG in one car and a Safety Devices in the other. Either is fine. However, especially in a stripped car; my next one will be custom. Especially if you EVER think you may go racing. Just get the custom.

Quick Reply: OG Racing Roll Cages