Sponsored by:

Track Insurance For DEs and Racecars

Old 06-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts
Default Track Insurance For DEs and Racecars

Guys,

I posted a couple months ago about an insurance program for cars at DEs and racecars. I have some more info that the guy who started it has passed on to me. He has now started up his own company to make sure all the customers interested are properly taken care of and all their questions answered. Here is a copy of his email to me.

"ATTENTION!!! The DE Insurance program has moved!!! Chris Maume has left Snellings Walters Insurance and he has taken the DE insurance program to his new company ProSure-Motorsports Protection. ProSure’s website will be available in about 10 days, but until then they are accepting applications and issuing policies just as before. Nothing about the program has changed; the rates are the same, the coverage is the same, but now there is more dedication to servicing clients and biding coverage in a timely way. Chris can be reached at 678-643-8415 or www.prosure.net in about 10 days. Snellings Walters will cease writing new policies on Friday June 22, 2007. Current policy holders will continue with Snellings Walters until their expirations. At that time they can renew with ProSure by calling and asking to renew.

Thanks again for all of the support from Rennlist and the PCA!

Regards,

Christopher S. Maume
President
ProSure Motorsports Protection
Mobile: 704.998.9078
Office: 678.643.8415
http://www.ProSure.net "
Old 06-24-2007, 11:12 AM
smankow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will we have to pay the admin fee again? That was listed as a one-time fee.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

So, just to clarify, this is just DE insurance for street cars and race cars but not racing insurance, correct?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:17 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I'm curious who is underwriting the policies at this new entity. Same as before? Why was this coverage drooped by Snellings Walters? Solvency issues?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:38 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess this explains why two or three phone messages to Snelling over the past several weeks haven't yielded a single returned call...
Old 06-24-2007, 05:00 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting! So I took out a policy as of June 8th from Snellings/Chris Maume. My check for $6.5k has been cashed. Have not received policy and now Maume moves on. Effing pisses me off!!!

Well, time to contact Snelling and ask to cancel policy and a refund? No? Any insurance experts with thoughts? Thanks...

Last edited by BobbyC; 06-24-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:56 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

BobbyC

From reading the email sent to Seth, it does not appear you have any problems. Seems Snellings is not writting any new DE policies and it is likely they will not offer renewals on existing policies. Still, you might want to give em a call Monday. BTW, I was at the building where their office is last Thursday.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:28 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
BobbyC

From reading the email sent to Seth, it does not appear you have any problems. Seems Snellings is not writting any new DE policies and it is likely they will not offer renewals on existing policies. Still, you might want to give em a call Monday. BTW, I was at the building where their office is last Thursday.
Randy, thanks for the info. But as you well know when the guy who sold you the policy, and the terms on which it was underwritten, moves on it all becomes a mess. Heck, I haven't even received the actual policy and the fine print. So I just sent Snellings an email asking them to cancel my policy and refund the premium. I just don't want to deal with the residual unknowns.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:02 PM
DanS911
Pro

I spoke with Chris a while back and he told me about the move.
Nothing unexpected.
Let's hope for the best as things settle down.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:32 AM
imager993
AutoX

No new policies effective June 22? I guess I got one of the very last policies issued...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Aaron,

Attached is the Confirmation of Coverage Binder for your 2007/08 On-Track DE Insurance - Effective June 21, 2007.

The policy should be forwarded to you within the next (2) weeks.

Thank you again for your business.
Lori

Lori J Creed
Commercial Account Manager
Snellings Walters Insurance Agency

----------------------------------------------------------------

Explains why I did not hear back from Chris on the new policy, but Lori instead. I just hope that if the time comes when I have to make use of the policy, somebody will be around to take care of the claim.

the www.prosure.net website is not working yet either.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:35 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Please call me with questions>>>

I have left Snellings Walters to take what I have built and expand on it. Current insureds can move over to my new business simply by signing an "agent of record" letter. Your policy will not change if you choose to stay with SW through your expiration. The DE program is the exact same with my company as it was my program and I took it with me. Great Lakes still underwrites it and the standard premium up to $125k in vehicle value is 3%. Nothing has changed except for the service.

I do not want anyone to feel that the service they receive is substandard. I had limited control at SW and most of the first line customer service was handled by someone who knew nothing about cars, let alone DE's and how this program truly works. I had no control over that, but I do now.

Again, if you are a current policy holder and you would like to move your coverage to my new company please let me know. You will receive prompt and knowledgeable service. I promise. Renewals will be very smooth as well. Even if you choose not to move your policy you can still call me if you have a question. I can guarantee proper advice and timely service.

Thanks,

Chris Maume

Last edited by SpeedAgent1; 06-25-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: changes
Old 06-25-2007, 12:43 PM
smankow
Pro

Chris, I'd like to switch. how do we make this happen?

Steve
Old 06-25-2007, 01:05 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Please email me with questions or concerns>

or if you would like to move your account.

Chris Maume
c.maume@prosure.net
Old 06-25-2007, 01:34 PM
JMR
Instructor

I am not trying to trash Chris or anyone else as I am grateful that someone picked up where American Collectors left off. However, there appears to be some conflicting info. SW just returned the new policy inquiry call I placed late last week. I was told that SW is honoring existing policies, writing new policies and in this for the long haul.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Chulo
Racer

Chris - email sent.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Track Insurance For DEs and Racecars