Sponsored by:

Sebring Question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've not raced Sebring, only instructed and got some track time there. What I have been doing is staying on the inside until you see that part where it widens out, and I get all the way over to the left, then of course return to near the k-wall to prepare for turn 1. If memory serves, there is yellow paint on part of the track off to the right. I think it is about 2/3 into the turn. I use that as a target as to about where I want my right side tires to be. I've only been there four days, while visiting my boyfriend in Florida, so my memory won't be as good as the regulars.

GOOD LUCK by the way! At least you won't have as far of a haul as I did (flew in, but traveled all the way down from Navarre [Pensacola area]).
Old 06-20-2007, 03:40 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
how bout some tips on turn 17?? What is the fastest line?? I am racing there this weekend help me out guys!
tom
Unless you are by yourself, the inside line is the preferred line. You know the saying, There are dozens of lines through 17. None are correct!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:50 PM
RSchoeni
Instructor

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
how bout some tips on turn 17?? What is the fastest line?? I am racing there this weekend help me out guys!
tom
Remember Bergmeister's last lap line through T17 at the 12 hour? Don't use that one.

Last edited by RSchoeni; 06-20-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:00 PM
agio
Racer

Berg started into 17 perfectly fine. 2/3 through he let the inside go and went too wide which open the door to Risi car.
As has been said, there are 6 ways to take 17...and they're all wrong. But Tom, you seem to do fine there; or, am I confusing you with another yellow car?

Quick Reply: Sebring Question...