Some photos from today's Portland Champ Car Grand Prix Qualifying

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Here is our resident Miata racer Kim -- just after a rain session on Saturday. I wont post pics of the door despite taking a few close-ups of it
I'm pretty sure I need a change in underwear after that session....

Fortunately the car survived the nightmare called qualifying and the race was completely dry. Too bad I had to run from the back...cars are too equal to make much progress without taking more risks than I was willing to do from there. Cleveland is in 2 weeks and no time to fix the car if the shop is going to try and build another car for Donna for that race weekend.

Even the local racer who ended up P2 said he wasn't sure if he wanted to race in the rain on the Victoracer "rain" tires we had to run. I wasn't going to race on those pieces of stone....We lowered pressure 10 lbs after coming in on a red flag all. The sidewalls were so stiff you couldn't tell that they were lowered and there was no noticable changes on track and we were already at low rain pressure before we did that...our V710's would have been better...

Good seeing you Chris, sorry we couldn't spend more time..I was surprisingly busy. See you in Cleveland!

Quick Reply: Some photos from today's Portland Champ Car Grand Prix Qualifying