Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is the Zappos.com of helmets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007 | 04:59 PM
smackboy1
Pro

Default Who is the Zappos.com of helmets?

I want to buy a helmet but I want to try lots of different brands for fit and comfort. There are no retailers near me, and the closest don't carry a wide range of brands. Which are the best online retailers who carry the most major brands (at least 5) and will allow me to purchase 4-8 lids and make returns with no restocking fee? If they will cover return postage like Zappos.com so much the better.
Old 06-05-2007 | 05:20 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Aren't you picky, hehe. Helmets and shoes don't have similar sales numbers, but here's a place you can start your endeavor: http://www.apexperformance.net/cartg...t.asp?scat=274
Old 06-05-2007 | 05:40 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Take a trip up to Stable Energies. It would be worth it.
Old 06-05-2007 | 06:15 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

I like these guys:

http://www.saferacer.com/
Old 06-05-2007 | 08:49 PM
smackboy1
Pro

Originally Posted by 1957 356
Take a trip up to Stable Energies. It would be worth it.
I've actually talked to Laurette. They seem like a good shop, but only carry Bell, Pyrotect and Bieffe. Plus they are about an hour away. I wanted to try Arai and maybe a few others. I used to ride with a Shoei so I'm trying to get something at least that comfortable. I've borrowed a Bell and it didn't seem as snug and comfy. Yeah, I guess I am kind of picky, blame it on my odd shaped noggin
Old 06-05-2007 | 08:53 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Here's another happy Apex Performance customer. I think they waive restocking fees if the fit isn't right.
Old 06-05-2007 | 09:01 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Default Northstar Motorsports

From their site...

Free Shipping
Free UPS Ground Shipping within the Continental U.S. on all orders over $100, does not include Seats, Roll Cages, Brake Upgrade Kits, Lubricants, Fuel Cells, Fire Extinguishers, Harness Bars, Specials and Sale Items. See specific item for shipping costs. Expedited shipping (Next Day Air and 2nd Day Air) is available - Please call for rates. This offer is for a limited time only.

http://northstarmotorsports.com/
Old 06-05-2007 | 10:10 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I have found various vendors with a variety of brands showing their wares at Club Races. Have you looked at a track near you? Even at DEs the bigger tracks have on site vendors. I tried on at least 5 at the Road Atlanta Clud Race in April including Stand 21, Arai, GForce, Bell and something else that obviously did not impress. This may save some hastle for you and the vendor.
It is a smart idea to try on many to get the right fit. Try the fit with a Hans even if you don't plan to buy a Hans now. My Bell and the Hans don't seem to mesh. Could be my neck size.
Old 06-06-2007 | 02:17 AM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

I've had two Bell helmets and loved them. Also, I bought both from www.ogracing.com

Give Brian Hair or Jason a call.

Quick Reply: Who is the Zappos.com of helmets?