Sponsored by:

HP Brake Pads & Vibration Dampers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:12 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Brake Pads & Vibration Dampers

Do you guys use the Vibration Dampers with HP Pads? I'm installing Hawk Blues on the Boxster S. I have the Glue/Tape on Dampers with the ends that fit inside the pistons. Should I use these with the Hawk pads? What is the glue/tape that I should use?

TIA

Randy
Old 06-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No, too much of a PITA. BTW, The Blue 9012s will work well, but I think you would like the performance, life and rotor friendliness of the Hawk HT-10s better.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:33 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bob. Appreciate the help and the tip on the HT-10s. This is my first set of HP pads so I'm feeling my way throught the process. My not enen stay with Hawks.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:17 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with Bull on both his suggestions. BTW don't leave the Blue pads on for street droving. You will destroy the finish on the rims if they get wet. PS. I may have a full set of Boxster S rotors with about 500 street miles on them should you be interested.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Thanks Bob. Appreciate the help and the tip on the HT-10s. This is my first set of HP pads so I'm feeling my way throught the process. My not enen stay with Hawks.
Anytime. I have tried many pads for the track, and I like the Hawks the best, as long as you get the correct pad compound for your car/driving. To bob993's point, I would not leave any track pad on for street driving, as these pads do the most damage to the rotors when the brakes are cold.

Quick Reply: HP Brake Pads & Vibration Dampers