Frozen JZM Alcon Front Discs

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 02:17 AM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Frozen JZM Alcon Front Discs

http://www.jzmachtech.com/shells/tun...r=2004&id=7505

I am thinking of replacing my worn GT3 front rotors with the JZ Alcons. Do you think that there would there be any advantage to getting them frozen before installation?

http://www.frozenrotors.com/

Last edited by rabjohns; 06-02-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:37 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not familiar with the GT3 brakes, but I just installed a factory set of 993TT rotors on my 911 Turbo (that has the big reds). They were cryo treated by a co. in Cumming, GA for $30 each. After this past weekend at VIR, they look almost new compared to the last set on non-cryo treated factory rotors I installed and drove the same amount. I'll see hpow long they last, but they are off to a good start.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:52 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Links fixed, sorry.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:53 PM
rabjohns
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A930Rocket
I'm not familiar with the GT3 brakes, but I just installed a factory set of 993TT rotors on my 911 Turbo (that has the big reds). They were cryo treated by a co. in Cumming, GA for $30 each. After this past weekend at VIR, they look almost new compared to the last set on non-cryo treated factory rotors I installed and drove the same amount. I'll see hpow long they last, but they are off to a good start.
Thanks. I am leaning that way. Somebody else at Road America recommended it.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:36 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I had my turbo S rotors cryoed when I upgraded the brakes over the winter and after 5 track days they looked almost brand new.

Of course I don't go as fast as you 3 guys and weigh several hundred pounds less but they are wearing alot less than my rotors did last year.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:42 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I posted my recommendations on his other thread on the GT3 board. I wanted to add here that I've found that in addition to cyro'd rotors, cooling them down before parking it has also added significantly to the life of my cup car rotors. I know sometime you want to come in hot to take temps, but afterwards find a stretch of road attached to the paddock where you can drive for a few minutes to cool them down. I have almost a year on my cup's front rotors and that's unheard of....

Quick Reply: Frozen JZM Alcon Front Discs