Milka Duno interviews

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02fly
Milka's job in sports car racing is to NOT GO A LAP DOWN before here team mate gets in the car! Hey she's nice to look at, but give me a break there are way more qualified people to get that drive she just has MONEY and a driver suit that fits different than mine. Now before you flame me I'm not against female driver I've raced with plenty and been beat by plenty.

OK, Agree, but so what , the attraction and diversity she brings to the sport is good and while she is not the fastest on the track she is by no means a negative , i for one would not turn on the TV and go , Ahhh **** it's Milka again and then turn off,,, so give her a break, as there are other average drivers who bring money to the table that should not be there themselves by anyone's standard ...... ohhh, in closing , she stands a better chance of winning on a oval , than a sportscar event , as the lack of braking and shifting makes it easier to look good ...as luck and pit strategy plays a bigger role on the ovals ....

I'm more concerned that Porsche only has one american factory driver, less be intolerant about that and start to get on their cases , you will have my full support, they want to pass on all there old cup and gt3rsr 's then GET MORE AMERICANS INVOLVED IN THEIR PROGRAM , WHAT ABOUT THAT !!!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 05:46 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
While it can often be difficult to compare ourselves to pros, there are many opportunities with Milka. In DP (and some other places) you can find guys that many of us have raced against (mostly SCCA) who routinely beat her. That can give a pretty good indication of how our racing talent lines up against hers. I believe that if you took the top 20-30 racers on this board, she would fare no better than mid-pack.

Mark,
How are you determining this , as i have not seen any board or PCA member driving a DP car .. Tuttle , who i have had contact with is very slow compared to Milka and quite possible compared to the top 30 % of PCA , so it is hard to tell...
and you know fast in a 964 , does not translate to fast in a DP car... plus the talent level in DP is pretty high ......
Old 05-28-2007, 05:48 PM
02fly
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So lets be clear I'm not in favor of anyone paying for the ride but Milka is even worse a male with her talent wouldn't even be able to buy his ride. If I read what your say right she should just go race NASCAR because you know they race 30+ weekends so it should be easy for her to win with so many oppertunitys
LOTS OF LOVE
Old 05-28-2007, 05:53 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

So lets be clear I'm not in favor of anyone paying for the ride but Milka is even worse a male with her talent wouldn't even be able to buy his ride. If I read what your say right she should just go race NASCAR because you know they race 30+ weekends so it should be easy for her to win with so many oppertunitys
LOTS OF LOVE
Why would you not be in favor of someone paying for there own ride ?
i guess you read what i said wrong , i was commenting on open wheel racing and you are wrong lesser talent than Mika with ***** have paid and raced at Indy...
you might want to read up on this a bit before interjecting ... ,
Old 05-28-2007, 06:17 PM
02fly
Rennlist Member

My guess is that you have never wanted to race for a living and had some rich spoiled kid get the ride because of their check book and not lap time. As far as lesser talented pay driver just who are you refereing to? The talk leading up to Indy was whether or not she was going to get blacked flagged because she isn't competitive there were other driver that shouldn't have been on the track either but with Tony George running thing this is the new Indy 500.

As far as me need to read up I think I'm some what informed but just feel free to show me your vast wisdom obe one!
Old 05-28-2007, 06:39 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

My guess is that you have never wanted to race for a living and had some rich spoiled kid get the ride because of their check book and not lap time. As far as lesser talented pay driver just who are you refereing to? The talk leading up to Indy was whether or not she was going to get blacked flagged because she isn't competitive there were other driver that shouldn't have been on the track either but with Tony George running thing this is the new Indy 500.

As far as me need to read up I think I'm some what informed but just feel free to show me your vast wisdom obe one!

Based on your comments i guess you have never been able to race for a living , Well let me Cue you in on something my friend..Racing in the US has always been based on how much money you bring to the table, Of course there are a few who have made it thru without , but for the most part , you pay, you play ..

I have raced and been involved in racing for most of my life and the only person who i have raced with who has made it thru with no cash was Randy Pobst...

i have been to test session where ex-F1 drivers where not given drives due to no cash , IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY HERE , fast laps don't run the car ....

If you think otherwise then you are being very Naive , Milka had to qualify at Indy ,she apparently did and got in and for your Indy history lesson , a clue , Ask Nigel Mansell about pay and play drivers at Indy , after he had to lift one off his head ,,

Indy has always been about pay and play ......
Old 05-28-2007, 06:47 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Mark,
How are you determining this , as i have not seen any board or PCA member driving a DP car .. Tuttle , who i have had contact with is very slow compared to Milka and quite possible compared to the top 30 % of PCA , so it is hard to tell...
and you know fast in a 964 , does not translate to fast in a DP car... plus the talent level in DP is pretty high ......
There a a handful of guys I know that have run both DPs and SCCA Sports Racers - less HP and more grip than a DP for pretty similar lap times on all but the highest top speed tracks, so I feel it is a pretty good comparison. Given that, I have a pretty good comparison of where I stand vs. Milka. The mid pack vs. the top drivers here is just a wild guess, but since we have some serious club racers, a couple of "pros" and at least one guy who was paid to drive Indy Lights, I think that is a decent guess (but it is a guess and that, of course, is why races are run on the track and not in chat rooms).
Old 05-28-2007, 06:51 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Based on your comments i guess you have never been able to race for a living , Well let me Cue you in on something my friend..Racing in the US has always been based on how much money you bring to the table, Of course there are a few who have made it thru without , but for the most part , you pay, you play ..

I have raced and been involved in racing for most of my life and the only person who i have raced with who has made it thru with no cash was Randy Pobst...

i have been to test session where ex-F1 drivers where not given drives due to no cash , IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY HERE , fast laps don't run the car ....

If you think otherwise then you are being very Naive , Milka had to qualify at Indy ,she apparently did and got in and for your Indy history lesson , a clue , Ask Nigel Mansell about pay and play drivers at Indy , after he had to lift one off his head ,,

Indy has always been about pay and play ......
Well said. For every pro seat, there are probably hundreds of drivers with enough talent to take that seat. The difference between who is in the seat and who is not has to do with money - either their personal money or their ability to bring along paying sponsors.

02fly - care to share your racing resume with us?
Old 05-28-2007, 06:54 PM
02fly
Rennlist Member

Based on your comments i guess you have never been able to race for a living , Well let me Cue you in on something my friend..Racing in the US has always been based on how much money you bring to the table, Of course there are a few who have made it thru without , but for the most part , you pay, you play
Really, there has always been pay driver for sure but not to this extent. Now let's talk about NASCAR I can't think of a single pay driver in cup now there may be a one I don't know.

You Pay You Play, and that comment is the reason open wheel racing in the USA SUCKS, we have a few great driver racing with moving chicanes i.e. Milka, and you think it's good. Well my FRIEND I guess you have what you want but I think most of use disagree but hey thats why I live the USofA
Old 05-28-2007, 07:04 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Really, there has always been pay driver for sure but not to this extent. Now let's talk about NASCAR I can't think of a single pay driver in cup now there may be a one I don't know.

You Pay You Play, and that comment is the reason open wheel racing in the USA SUCKS, we have a few great driver racing with moving chicanes i.e. Milka, and you think it's good. Well my FRIEND I guess you have what you want but I think most of use disagree but hey thats why I live the USofA
FLy , I'm not sure i'm following your tap dancing ..... Yes Nascar is the only form of motor racing that pays for Lap times , it is also the only form of motor racing that makes money , YOU SEE !!!

Now if you are black i can get you a fully funded drive in Nascar tom. morning , all expenses paid all the way to cup , If you want this and you are not black , spend a couple Hrs in your Oven at 350 deg. we might still be able to get you in
Old 05-28-2007, 07:19 PM
02fly
Rennlist Member

Well said. For every pro seat, there are probably hundreds of drivers with enough talent to take that seat. The difference between who is in the seat and who is not has to do with money - either their personal money or their ability to bring along paying sponsors.

02fly - care to share your racing resume with us?
Sure, mostly Karting and for the last ten years shifter Karting and I'm currently getting ready to go vintage racing with a Legrand MK18 DSR

I've raced with Scott Speed, Memo Gidly, Joey Hand, Michael Valaenty(not sure on spelling)and Scott Pruet. All in karts of course in Oregon, Washington and Northern California. So I've seen great driver not get to show their talent while others pay their way into the sport. This pay to play attitude is one of many reason racing is not as big in the USA as it is in Europe. American like stick and ball sports were it doesn't matter how much money you have but how well you play the game.

So call me silly I just want to see the fastest racers (male or female) on the track getting it done. Maybe this is why I've always been a kart racer the average guy can afford to compete with everyone because it's not all about money mostly because karting is relatively cheap in racing terms.

So Sunday driver I see you race a Stor great cars nice choice.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:30 PM
02fly
Rennlist Member

Now if you are black i can get you a fully funded drive in Nascar tom. morning , all expenses paid all the way to cup , If you want this and you are not black , spend a couple Hrs in your Oven at 350 deg. we might still be able to get you in
Hey thanks for making my point! but you forgot breasts
Call me silly but the FASTEST not the richest or best looking driver.

Why would any one want to work a being a pro driver only to be told hey your fast but your not rich. If we are going to have world class drivers in the USA we need to show the kids that being fast still counts. If I had a kid that was good at golf or base ball or any stick and ball sport and was equally good at racing I would incourage them to focas on the stick and ball were talent still counts.

Like I said LOTS OF LOVE
Old 05-28-2007, 07:31 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

So call me silly I just want to see the fastest racers (male or female) on the track getting it done. Maybe this is why I've always been a kart racer the average guy can afford to compete with everyone because it's not all about money mostly because karting is relatively cheap in racing terms.
FLy,
You would be amazed at how many on here have the same story, do you think anyone here does not want the fastest driver in a car at all times, but that is the dream , not the reality, racing is business , the best product very rarely wins....
Ohh by the way , East cost racers are faster than west coast racers , Yeah i said it .....
Old 05-28-2007, 07:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Hey thanks for making my point! but you forgot breasts
Like I said call me silly but the FASTEST not the richest or best looking driver.

Why would any one want to work a being a pro driver only to be told hey your fast but your not rich. If we are going to have world class drivers in the USA we need to show the kids that being fast still counts. If I had a kid that was good at golf or base ball or any stick and ball sport and was equally good at racing I would incourage them to focas on the stick and ball were talent still counts.

Like I said LOTS OF LOVE
we have world class drivers , they just drive in a circle and i agree , My kids race for enjoyment but play tennis as their main sport, we will see !!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Sure, mostly Karting and for the last ten years shifter Karting and I'm currently getting ready to go vintage racing with a Legrand MK18 DSR

I've raced with Scott Speed, Memo Gidly, Joey Hand, Michael Valaenty(not sure on spelling)and Scott Pruet. All in karts of course in Oregon, Washington and Northern California. So I've seen great driver not get to show their talent while others pay their way into the sport. This pay to play attitude is one of many reason racing is not as big in the USA as it is in Europe. American like stick and ball sports were it doesn't matter how much money you have but how well you play the game.

So Sunday driver I see you race a Stor great cars nice choice.

DID you race the WC in Karting , Where you a factory Kart racer . or did you pay your way in Karting ,, Have you ever raced against Andrew Lewis...

Quick Reply: Milka Duno interviews