Sponsored by:

NCR REGION DE

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:58 AM
hailwood
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NCR REGION DE

A huge thanks for all of the NCR Region folks that help put on the DE events. We just had a great 2 day event at NHIS.

These events are flawless and very professionally run. I could not ask for a better bunch of people to put on an event.

Also the customer base that attends these events also get a big thumbs up. Everyone I have met while attending these events have been great as well.

So again, a HUGE thanks to the NCR MANAGEMENT for getting us out there and sacraficing your valuable time to make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really appreciate your time and effort, and i am sure everyone else does as well.

Leslie Grossman
Old 05-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. Our crew runs the best show. I also think our people go out of their way to make people feel welcomed. I know I had a great time this week. Hope to see you again at an event in the near future. What car do you have and what run group were you in?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:05 PM
hailwood
Instructor

i have a 1986 911 turbo #259 (Red with super sexy HRE wheels and BIG BRAKES!). i got bumped up to white on Monday afternoon along with my friend Chris from PA. he runs a 996 twin turbo. We had a great time running bumper to bumper the entire two days.

I had John Rahill as an Insructor and Chris was running with Abe. Great instructors and nice guys.

it always feels good running fast with a 21 year old car!!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 08:35 PM
FlyYellowRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also had a GREAT time in black with my MazdaSpeed Miata, ....thanks Bob Tucker for allowing me to run the Miata with NCR!..The best part of the day was hitching a ride in Mike Norek's white GT3...I think I need one...anyone want to buy a mint color to sample Ferreri Fly Yellow RSA!!
Anthony Curreri PCA/NER
Old 05-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

As usual another great NCR event!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by hailwood
i have a 1986 911 turbo #259 (Red with super sexy HRE wheels and BIG BRAKES!). i got bumped up to white on Monday afternoon along with my friend Chris from PA. he runs a 996 twin turbo. We had a great time running bumper to bumper the entire two days.

I had John Rahill as an Insructor and Chris was running with Abe. Great instructors and nice guys.

it always feels good running fast with a 21 year old car!!!!!

I remember your car. It is STUNNING!!!! Thanks for coming up and I hope to see you again at one of our events.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
...I hope to see you again at one of our events.
Jay,

Lesile bought a mint 86 Turbo with 22k original miles. He promptly did the huge Brembos, HRE wheels, Kokeln intercooler, Sparco seats, harness bar and harnesses. I think it's safe to say you will see him again.

On Tuesday I heard him mumbling something about Cup cars.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:43 AM
hailwood
Instructor

i will definitly be attending more events. i did my first DE last Oct for the two day event but my car broke the first session the second day.

i am signed up waiting to be accepted for CVR/NCR Watkins Glen and i am already in for the Mt Tremblant event.

I am definitly looking at track cars because the turbo is in too good of condition to hammer on. plus the expense involved if it blows up would be about as much as the car costs!

so maybe a gt3 or a cup car but not until this winter. i will spend the summer researching what is best for me in terms of having something competitive but does not require constant care of a race facility. i want a once a year to the shop car.

i was impressed with the 993 guys running with the big wings, especially the guy in the silver one.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Buy a 993 and make that into a track car. Another good way to go is buy a C2 (non-RSA) and gut it, cage it, and go to town with that instead. Cheap, fun, and bullet proof.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
Buy a 993 and make that into a track car. Another good way to go is buy a C2 (non-RSA) and gut it, cage it, and go to town with that instead. Cheap, fun, and bullet proof.
???non-RSA???
Old 05-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
???non-RSA???
RSA and cheap are mutually exclusive. I believe Jay's point is why pay a RSA premium if you are going to strip the interior, weld in a cage and do a host of performance mods.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We'll see you at Mt. Tremblant.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:03 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
???non-RSA???
RS Americas are a special model of of 911's that were made in '93-'94 that are still bringing in a huge amount. They are going for $45ish and they were new @ $52K. Great car that was made for the track junkie and it doesn't have a lot of options and the focus was on performance. Anyway, (you might already know all of this) people are crazy about buying them now and turning them into track cars. I would suggest buying a early 90s C2 and turning that into a track car and getting the same performance for a lot less $$$$. I hope this makes sense.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 288 Posts

Thanks. I traded my 997TT for the 07 C2S (and some $$back) and plan on making that into a track car, bit by bit. Still need to break it in.

Quick Reply: NCR REGION DE