Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid-Ohio club race

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007 | 01:17 AM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Hey Greg just got home...nice meeting you and hope you had a good time. Great driving out there.

Did we really fall off the lead lap? I was never passed by the leaders and was able to re-pass a couple of Cups after my off. I talked to Chris and he's sure your stop was not much over 5 minutes. I hope we didn't get the penalized for our pit confusion, or maybe we got tagged for pit speed.

Nice meeting some of the R-list folks this weekend...If you are out there Lawson, we missed Armageddon on the mini-sprint start by about 1 inch!

Thanks to MORPCA for hosting the race, they did a terrific job of keeping the rain away. That Mid-Ohio is one nasty track...its my new favorite.
Old 05-21-2007 | 08:34 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kev
Hey Greg just got home...nice meeting you and hope you had a good time. Great driving out there.

Did we really fall off the lead lap? I was never passed by the leaders and was able to re-pass a couple of Cups after my off. I talked to Chris and he's sure your stop was not much over 5 minutes. I hope we didn't get the penalized for our pit confusion, or maybe we got tagged for pit speed.

Nice meeting some of the R-list folks this weekend...If you are out there Lawson, we missed Armageddon on the mini-sprint start by about 1 inch!

Thanks to MORPCA for hosting the race, they did a terrific job of keeping the rain away. That Mid-Ohio is one nasty track...its my new favorite.
Kev, yes you were one lap down to the leaders. I was two, which I didn't think was so bad for a 964 Cup vs. 996 GT3 RS...

Kev, thanks for your hospitality this weekend, particularly for the beer on Saturday! Also thanks to all the R-listers who came up and said hi to me. I was flying solo this weekend and it was nice to meet new friends. A special thanks to the Maryland/Delaware crowd that invited me to their table at dinner on Saturday. It was great meeting and talking with you all!

That was a great race. Imo, everyone gave great racing space which is impressive for such a tight track. Every aspect of this race was well done, my hats off to the organizers and stewards! My only confusion was finding those damn scales after the sprint race. Note to all scrutineers: don't waste your time weighing 964 Cups, we're all too heavy. (My car is 150# over spec weight - too much bondo, I guess).
Old 05-21-2007 | 10:41 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kev

Interesting, I never got passed by him either. The penalties are usually on the results sheet and I didn't see any there either. Maybe he passed me on my way out of the pits?

Anyway, thanks for the seat, it was a great experience.
Old 05-21-2007 | 11:09 AM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Kev, yes you were one lap down to the leaders. I was two, which I didn't think was so bad for a 964 Cup vs. 996 GT3 RS...

Kev, thanks for your hospitality this weekend, particularly for the beer on Saturday!
Okay, guess I just suck at the enduros!

Sprints were much kinder to me. Qualified 4th in class out of 14 GTC3 Cups, ninth overall. Reached my goal of a sub :33, with a 1:32.992 on the last qualifiying lap! Talk about cutting it close. Did finish on the class podium, officially in "third," but the scruits missed a guy that passed me under double yellow.

Second sprint...my race was pretty much over after an emergency evasive manuver on the start...but I think I am happer about that result than the first sprint...my car is still in one piece.

Nice seeing you again Charlie, you were crushing in your group, you looked kinda bored running away from your competition. Two laps down in the enduro with only 3 and 4 gear is not too shabby I'd say.
Old 05-21-2007 | 11:29 AM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

As an FYI, Tim McKenzie had a mechanical issue in his yellow and black GT4 914, thus causing the spin in the first sprint race of the orange group at MidOhio. No foul but unfortunately, Rick Fisher got caught out with no where to go and did a fair amount of damage to his car.

A great weekend.

Thanks to all the MOV-PCA region volunteers. And essentially no rain to speak of (although my co driver did spin the car twice on the first lap of the Sunday morning warmup in the mist)
Old 05-21-2007 | 04:14 PM
Weston Dillard
Racer

Kevin,

I'm not aware of any penalties assessed on you or Greg.

West
Old 05-21-2007 | 04:41 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's funny because much to my surprise, I got first in the sprint race for GT3S. I never passed Dr Gutkowski on track so he must have pitted for some reason or was penalized? I did not see anything on the time sheet to reveal a penalty. Guess I'll have to look at Mylaps and sort it out. Weird. But thanks anyway.

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday Greg. You should've said something, I'd have bought you a beer Saturday night!
Old 05-22-2007 | 04:18 PM
78SC
Instructor

Kev,

Nice meeting you. Glad it was in the paddock and not while I was facing the wrong way down the track at turn 1. My front radiator broke during the first sprint race on the last lap (while leading) We got a new radiator and went out for sprint race two. I then blew the radiator hose off in the first corner which caused a spin and I had to watch the entire field fly by me on the left and the right (definitely a code brown moment). It turns out that I had a cracked cylnder which was causing high pressure in my cooling system.

Quick Reply: Mid-Ohio club race