Help With Change in Tire Size and Effect

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:53 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 493 Posts
Default Help With Change in Tire Size and Effect

Heading up to the Glen for cups/saucers. I normally run Toyos sizes 225 front and 275 rear. Tires mounted on 18" Fikse's.

Well, the rears are corded and I was unable to get a new set in time. I have a backup set of Toyos on Cup II rims (17" dia.) sizes 235 front and 255 rear. I assume that this setup will increase my oversteer which I don't nec. want. I really like the way my car is set up at the moment.

I am running TRG bars. Would it be a good idea to loosen/stiffen either the front/rear bar to compensate for the new tire sizes.

Thanks.

Jamie

Last edited by jford; 05-15-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:30 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

No 275's at AIM or Roger Krause?
Old 05-15-2007, 07:10 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 493 Posts

No Eric...didn't have a chance. P/U the car yesterday morning from the dealer for new windshield and did brakes/flush/rotors/oil. Then get the car teched. This morning I had a 40' container arrive from Bali, Indonesia...I am a very small importer here and get one container a year...

They always ask.."What are your recieving hours?" Ha, ha. Round up a bunch of friends and haul it all out in 4 hours. Ok, car is on trailer (new straps) and I am off to the Glen...hope to arrive around 1 am.

Lesson....order the tires at the begging of thh season!

I do appreciate your trying to help....next event June 11th. I should have the time to get my act together by then.

It will all be worth it my first lap when I climb the esses...but..sometimes.....I wish I'd gotton into needlepoint or some other hobby. Even boating seems cheaper and like less hassle.

Cheers,

Jamie

Quick Reply: Help With Change in Tire Size and Effect