Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring DE

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:31 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Tom, I could not have had better instructing...seriously! Everyone, Tom is very passionate about instructing and helped me every inch of the track. Any of you that ever get him as an instructor should consider yourself extremely lucky!

I put in 134 miles of track and went through 1 full tank of gass by the end of my second session and then almost 1/2 tank for my last session. By my last session I felt much more comfortable with my line and what was coming up next on the track, I could really think ahead. Oh there is so much to write here about what I learned that my post would be pages and pages long.

Mark, it was great meeting you and thanks for walking down to my pit and introducing yourself. I was so focused on the track line and going over my mistakes in my head after each session I never did get to walk the paddock. I got moved up to Blue and drove most of the Blue 3rd session which was nicer than Green. I am proud of that and proud of my little C2S Cabriolet Tiptronic....it can really move around the track very well. Tom just didn't have me passing cars and working on how to pass more safely but we were lapping cars that are faster than my Tiptronic Cab a few times per session.

I am signed up for the June 30th PCA Suncoast event. I tried to sign up for Chin in June 3 weeks ago when I learned of Chin but the event was already full.

see you all there, Mike Carter
Old 05-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
June 30, with Suncoast region. http://sfl.pca.org/index.htm
Thanks Mark. I'm of course out of town though...
Old 05-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
............ and the first day I didn't wave a single driver by in my group (PCA blue group). The Evo pictured was the only car that hung with me a little bit, but he never got close enough for me to give a wave by.

That may depend on your perspective. I was the instructor in the Evo behind you.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan in Florida
That may depend on your perspective. I was the instructor in the Evo behind you.
And...?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
And...?
Hey Petu, Haven't seen you in awhile. I hadn't planned to be at Sebring last weekend, but I heard on Friday that they needed instructors, so I drove up Saturday morning. Suncoast ran a great event and Rich Tillotson, the chief instuctor, did a terrific job.

Let's just say that the GT3 and the Evo are very different cars. The Evo has a fairly high weight/HP ratio, but it is extremely fast in the turns. As a general rule at a DE event, when a car suddenly shows up behind you in the turns, say #5, #7, #13 or #16, it usually means something. After a while, my student started lifting on the back straight to give himself more running room.

No big deal. I think everyone had a lot of fun. Hope to see you at the track soon, Dan
Old 05-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 354 Posts

Hey Petu, Haven't seen you in awhile. I hadn't planned to be at Sebring last weekend, but I heard on Friday that they needed instructors, so I drove up Saturday morning. Suncoast ran a great event and Rich Tillotson, the chief instuctor, did a terrific job.

Let's just say that the GT3 and the Evo are very different cars. The Evo has a fairly high weight/HP ratio, but it is extremely fast in the turns. As a general rule at a DE event, when a car suddenly shows up behind you in the turns, say #5, #7, #13 or #16, it usually means something. After a while, my student started lifting on the back straight to give himself more running room.

No big deal. I think everyone had a lot of fun. Hope to see you at the track soon, Dan

Well coming into 16 (and maybe a few other turns) you were close to me (but never on my bumper). I asked the instructor if I should wave by, since I'm normally very conscious of it. He said no. Of course on the straights I'm faster, but on some of the twisties (not 17) your guy might have been a bit faster. Like you say, no biggie.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:49 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

What did you all think of the Ferrari at the DE? I did not get a close up look at it but heard it on the track go by a few times.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Man, I've just been very busy and it seems continue to be... will be at Moroso but Sebring & Homestead are laces where I want to be!

Hopefully I'll have time later this year though.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:40 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Tom, I could not have had better instructing...seriously! Everyone, Tom is very passionate about instructing and helped me every inch of the track. Any of you that ever get him as an instructor should consider yourself extremely lucky!

I put in 134 miles of track and went through 1 full tank of gass by the end of my second session and then almost 1/2 tank for my last session. By my last session I felt much more comfortable with my line and what was coming up next on the track, I could really think ahead. Oh there is so much to write here about what I learned that my post would be pages and pages long.

Mark, it was great meeting you and thanks for walking down to my pit and introducing yourself. I was so focused on the track line and going over my mistakes in my head after each session I never did get to walk the paddock. I got moved up to Blue and drove most of the Blue 3rd session which was nicer than Green. I am proud of that and proud of my little C2S Cabriolet Tiptronic....it can really move around the track very well. Tom just didn't have me passing cars and working on how to pass more safely but we were lapping cars that are faster than my Tiptronic Cab a few times per session.

I am signed up for the June 30th PCA Suncoast event. I tried to sign up for Chin in June 3 weeks ago when I learned of Chin but the event was already full.

see you all there, Mike Carter
Mike, thank you for the kind words that was very nice. You were an excellent student and both you and your car have great potential!! You improved by leaps and bounds in just one DE!!! Cant wait to see you at the next DE
write down your thoughts about the DE and the track so you can pick right up then next time!!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:16 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, Dan's tough!!!

I should know, he was my first ever instructor. I blame him for all the money I've spent since that weekend.

Dan, call me. I need another driver for a 12 hour.

Peter
Old 05-15-2007, 02:31 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful facilities! Awesome cars! Love the sliders on 099.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Man, Dan's tough!!!

I should know, he was my first ever instructor. I blame him for all the money I've spent since that weekend.
Dan, call me. I need another driver for a 12 hour.
Peter
Peter,

You're a man on fire! That '86 euro is one fast car. PM follows.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:49 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

I won't be able to make it this weekend but will be at Moroso in June. Petu, the Gold Coast website is being rebuilt and will be much better when done.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:51 PM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the website is a shadow of what it was like when Terry was running it. Give it one more month.

I can tell you that there will be a PCA/PBOC DE June 17 & 18, SuperSolo included and then
a PCA DE at Sebring July 28 & 29
DriverRegistration.com June is open July will be as soon as Terry gets back from Sebring ;-)
Old 05-23-2007, 02:39 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 657 Likes on 319 Posts

To all those Rennlisters who participated at our Suncoast DE on May 12, thank you for a safe event hope everyone had fun, our next event will be June 30 on full Sebring course as always. Look forward to seeing u guys out there, if u have any questions or suggestions let me know,
Rich
Chief Track Instuctor
Suncoast Region PCA

Quick Reply: Sebring DE