Sponsored by:

997s Corner Balance ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 10:41 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts
Default 997s Corner Balance ?

Ok, I am obviously new at all this but...hey...gotta learn somewhere. I know what corner balance from looking it up on the internet but I have never seen it done in person. I have a 2006 C2S with PASM. Can this car be corner balanced? If so I was not aware the ride height with the stock springs could be adjusted? How is this done on my car? What should the cost be? I just want to know a little bit more about what I am talking about when I speak to my dealers service department.

thanks in advance! Mike
Old 04-27-2007, 10:45 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes your car can be corner balanced. Find a good race shop in Tampa and they'll do it. Not sure how to adjust your stock ride height but a corner balance shouldn't take more than an hour or so unless the car is way off to start with.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:03 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Yes your car can be corner balanced.
Really? How? If the car isn't ride-height adjustable (the 997 isn't) I don't see how it can be corner balanced.

Corner-weighed, maybe; but who adds ballast to street cars? On that note, I think the more pertinent question is, why bother corner-balancing a street car on street tires that sees maybe 90/10 street/track mix?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:08 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
Really? How? If the car isn't ride-height adjustable (the 997 isn't) I don't see how it can be corner balanced.

Corner-weighed, maybe; but who adds ballast to street cars? On that note, I think the more pertinent question is, why bother corner-balancing a street car on street tires that sees maybe 90/10 street/track mix?
That is my question too. I'd rather attend autoX's and DE's then spend more money on my car that is driven on the street everyday and the track once a month or so.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Yes your car can be corner balanced. Find a good race shop in Tampa and they'll do it. Not sure how to adjust your stock ride height but a corner balance shouldn't take more than an hour or so unless the car is way off to start with.
Care to elaborate?

Without an adjusting suspension not sure how you can corner balance the car. no other way to fine tune with the level of specificity you can on adjusting pieces.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I just want to know a little bit more about what I am talking about when I speak to my dealers service department.
Even if your did have ride height adjustability, the dealer would have absolutely no idea how to corner balance a car.

Quick Reply: 997s Corner Balance ?