Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007 | 08:20 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Geoffrey Ring did a 56.5 at Limerock Saturday.Very impressive ! Congrats
Old 04-22-2007 | 08:21 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Gary - the hairs on the back of my neck went up his first lap and every time there's some advancement (which is every session), that same feeling comes back. It really is bitter-sweet. Bitter in that he's grown up and will be off to college in August. Sweet in watching him do things like a DE and advancing quicker than anyone I've seen (to be heel-toe downshifting in Yellow on his 2nd DE really is something).

See you all on Thursday at LRP? If in CT, come to the PCA meeting at Musante Tuesday night.
Old 04-22-2007 | 08:24 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Paolo drove very well and is a good student .He will do just fine.He is clearly in the proper run group ,based on my experience as his instructor on Sat.
Old 04-22-2007 | 08:58 PM
JimmiLew
Rennlist Member

Paolo is a great guy who really wants to learn. He bought the perfect tool for improving his skills, and I know he will keep coming to the instructor corps for continual improvement.

Good luck Paolo, you are on the right track!

Also Paolo, I hope your enjoyed your ride Saturday.

JL
Old 04-22-2007 | 10:10 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roketman
Paolo drove very well and is a good student .He will do just fine.He is clearly in the proper run group ,based on my experience as his instructor on Sat.
Ron - will you be at LRP on Thursday? I'd love to get you in my car for a (Black) session before the CR.
Old 04-22-2007 | 10:25 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

I'll be there but unfortunately in order for me to go out with you (thanks for the invite), I'd have to give up a Black session. Then again, that son of mine might be able to clone me by Thursday... Here's an idea... Let's take each other for a ride at Cups & Saucers if they allow it. There will be so much track time, I'll never be able to use it all.

What's the protocol for riders in PCA events? In BMWCCA only instructors could go out. That's pretty cool if in Black they let you take along a rider - I'd love to take either an instructor or a White 997 driver to get some feedback on how my transition from M3 to 997 is going. Then again, not much different from 3+ weeks ago at my last DE - been giving all the dates to my son
Old 04-22-2007 | 10:46 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Roketman, you really took me to a new driving dimension, thank you.

JimmiLew, that GT3 Cup Car you took me for a ride in was unbelieveble. Definetly one of the highlights of the event.

Last edited by BostonDMD; 04-23-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-22-2007 | 10:50 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RonCT
What's the protocol for riders in PCA events? In BMWCCA only instructors could go out.
Two people in car, one must be an instructor. Glen event (cups & saucers)event allows instructors to work with students and they are also providing some non-pro instructors available to assist those who do not have a specific instructor in mind.
Old 04-22-2007 | 11:15 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RonCT
I'll be there but unfortunately in order for me to go out with you (thanks for the invite), I'd have to give up a Black session. Then again, that son of mine might be able to clone me by Thursday... Here's an idea... Let's take each other for a ride at Cups & Saucers if they allow it. There will be so much track time, I'll never be able to use it all.

What's the protocol for riders in PCA events? In BMWCCA only instructors could go out. That's pretty cool if in Black they let you take along a rider - I'd love to take either an instructor or a White 997 driver to get some feedback on how my transition from M3 to 997 is going. Then again, not much different from 3+ weeks ago at my last DE - been giving all the dates to my son
Wrong Ron... Rocketmans name is Ron, hence the inclusion of his quote.... sorry for the mix-up.
Old 04-23-2007 | 12:14 AM
roketman
Rennlist Member

I will be there .will be glad to go for a ride.pray for good weather.it would be nice to have good weather for the limerock race weekend. The 1st couple of years of the Limerock race 1993/94 the race was in august and september,without any bad weather.
can we race to fall??instead of racing to spring?
Old 04-23-2007 | 07:54 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Great Ron, thanks. I'll look for you and i'll hopefully be parked where Paolo and I were Sat. for the DE/CR but that of course depends on whats open when I get there..
Old 04-23-2007 | 01:13 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Geoffrey Ring did a 56.5 at Limerock Saturday.Very impressive ! Congrats
Yikes that's fast
Old 04-23-2007 | 02:26 PM
TR6
Drifting

Boston, can you share some photos of your 911 track car? I'd like to see it!
Old 04-23-2007 | 02:46 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6
Boston, can you share some photos of your 911 track car? I'd like to see it!
Here she is......
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/gr...ealand_104.jpg

This is the before picture, I am planning a more subdued look as we speak.....
Don't expect to recognize her at WGI in May..... Anonimity.....
Old 04-23-2007 | 05:13 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Palo,

Don't change the look. It is very racy! By the end of the day (best run for us in white), you were obviously getting up to speed. Enjoyed meeting you.

Cheers

- the white Cayman S chasing Joel

Quick Reply: LRP Headline: BostonDMD moved to White!