Sponsored by:

Attn Texas DE'ers: change in insurance law impacts DE and track day coverage

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
There are other options if you have an incident. I have discussed this with my insurance agent. You just tell them you have the incident on the street. Keep in mind an accident at the track won't have a police report. You just have the car transported to the shop for repair and call it in as a normal street accident. Most insurance companies do not require a police report to pay a claim if there are no other vehicles involved.
Yeah...that's the ticket...

Idiot.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

I was looking at the Marque Madness III DE at VIR in June (http://www.gws-mbca.org/MarqueMadness.html). One thing I noticed in the "Important Information" section is the statement "INSURANCE: All cars must have at least $100,000 in liability insurance".
Old 04-10-2007, 02:08 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
I was looking at the Marque Madness III DE at VIR in June (http://www.gws-mbca.org/MarqueMadness.html). One thing I noticed in the "Important Information" section is the statement "INSURANCE: All cars must have at least $100,000 in liability insurance".

They also state this...

CARS: Cars must be street-legal, quiet, and must have passenger seats. .....

Hmm my race car does not have insurance. Of course it is not street legal either. If it were street legal it would be liability only and would meet the 100k minimum. It does have passenger's seat and is quiet with stock muffler however.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:28 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll bet you'll be glad to know that this post is now available to your friendly neighborhood insurance fraud investigator. Yikes...
There are other options if you have an incident. I have discussed this with my insurance agent. You just tell them you have the incident on the street. Keep in mind an accident at the track won't have a police report. You just have the car transported to the shop for repair and call it in as a normal street accident. Most insurance companies do not require a police report to pay a claim if there are no other vehicles involved.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:52 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

And thank you for raising my insurance rates to cover your fraudulent claims. If you're willing to rip off your insurance company, I wonder who else you don't mind stealing from?

If you want to be protected, buy racing/DE insurance. Don't whine because you're too cheap to buy the right coverage.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:18 PM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. If you were actually considering doing this do you think posting it for all the world to see is a wise move?

Old 04-10-2007, 03:26 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Most insurance companies will require a police report for fraud.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Don Magee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Methinks I would rather come out of pocket for DE damage, than be dating the guy with the most cigarettes in cell block D after the fraud conviction.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Sheesh, why not just smash it into a parked car, drive away and claim hit and run?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:25 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man Dave, you really have lost a lot of hair since then.....
Old 04-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

Yeah, and I decided that clean-shaven beats that facial mullet, too.

Quick Reply: Attn Texas DE'ers: change in insurance law impacts DE and track day coverage