Sponsored by:

Video from VIR full

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:18 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Video from VIR full

This was my 4th (and most sloppy) 944 cup race. I'm one of a few rookies and I'll be the first one to say that I've never been so exhausted after this race. The car is brand new to me and I was till getting a little acquainted with it, but by the end of the weekend I managed my fastest time ever at VIR, a 2:24. I know the car has a lot more in it, I just need to tighten the nut behind the wheel

the quality is sub par, but its my first video. without further a due sundays cup race from my point of view:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...73389990&hl=en

I missed a ton of apex's and brake markers so by the end of the race i was really mad at myself.... I've learned i need to get less angry and focus more on whats coming up next... the rest will fall into place
Old 04-03-2007, 10:49 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm about a year behind you so I'm certainly not the one to critique the video except to offer a couple of comments:

You seem to be constantly short shifting. You spend most of your time between 4 & 5K. Our cars make their best HP/TQ between 5300 and 5500 RPM's so you need to wind that puppy out more!! The only time you did that was when you here trying to drag someone down the back straight and were able to do a fairly good job of keeping up with them. Otherwise, they were pulling on you. Also if you kept it in fourth and ran it up more you could probably make it through the uphill esses like that and you would only have to tap your brakes lightly to set the front end going into 10 instead of downshifting and loosing momentum.

You were obviously tired the last lap or two but I an imagine it was quite an emotional experience.

Thanks for the post and keep up the good work!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:21 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by smlporsche
I'm about a year behind you so I'm certainly not the one to critique the video except to offer a couple of comments:

You seem to be constantly short shifting. You spend most of your time between 4 & 5K. Our cars make their best HP/TQ between 5300 and 5500 RPM's so you need to wind that puppy out more!! The only time you did that was when you here trying to drag someone down the back straight and were able to do a fairly good job of keeping up with them. Otherwise, they were pulling on you. Also if you kept it in fourth and ran it up more you could probably make it through the uphill esses like that and you would only have to tap your brakes lightly to set the front end going into 10 instead of downshifting and loosing momentum.

You were obviously tired the last lap or two but I an imagine it was quite an emotional experience.

Thanks for the post and keep up the good work!
A year behind me? I'm still very much a rookie, but i learn every race!

Thanks for the comments, as i said the car is new to me and I'm still not comfortable to really wind the car out just yet. I tried to shift @ 5500, and yes, when i got mad I'd go all the way to 6k. But coming out of
t6 i know i need to wait a little to shift.

I'll try the 4th though the esses, i tried taking south bend in 5th and i ended up doing some yard work to the infield
Old 04-03-2007, 11:33 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for sharing the race I missed (missed the whole weekend at VIR). For what it's worth, I think you drove a solid race and made a couple of very nice moves.

You were justifiably p.o.'d when forced off the back straight on the final lap - that was a horse**** manuver - but then you seem to drive "angry", which led to your unintended "shortcut" at the bottom of the roller coaster.

All-in-all, a real nice job I'd say.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Kiko
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say you're generally a good, smooth driver which will pay off with experience (smooth driver reach further up in the ladder in my opinion) but you need to push it a bit more to be faster and I don't mean just the engine I mean braking a bit later and accelerate a bit sooner. Usually I find most racers need to control aggression to be faster but in your case I say you need a bit more of that. Although I find a you a great driver I must say I'm a bit surprised you pulled the faster lap at least watching the footage...
Old 04-04-2007, 08:15 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

How did you manage to post it on U-tube in its entirety? I can't seem to be able to post my video....

Nice driving BTW......
Old 04-04-2007, 08:40 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
How did you manage to post it on U-tube in its entirety? I can't seem to be able to post my video....

Nice driving BTW......
its on google video, thats the only way i could post more than 2 minutes.

kiko,
thanks for the comments, i have a lot to work on to be chasing the leaders.. but I'm having fun learning... when I'm not mowing the lawn at vir that is
Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

I only have one comment, turn the camera to the left and/or get a wide angle adaptor.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Dan Shea
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have absolutely no race experiance, but i like how your cam is setup so you can see the rearview mirror.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:04 AM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MPD47
I only have one comment, turn the camera to the left and/or get a wide angle adaptor.
hehe, i really need to do both.

but yes, I also like the fact that i can see whats in the rear view in the camera.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:52 AM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Hey,

Are you coming to any of the N.E. region's '44Cup races? Check out the '07 schedule. If we're at the same track, make sure to stop by and say "hi".
Old 04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by richard glickel.
Hey,

Are you coming to any of the N.E. region's '44Cup races? Check out the '07 schedule. If we're at the same track, make sure to stop by and say "hi".
now that i can race outside my region, I'm thinking of doing a race up at Beaverun, of over at MO. But we'll see, money is a bit tight after i bought my house

If I'm up there I'll say hi though
Old 04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
d15b7
Racer

hi!

wasn't that just one of the nicest weekends ever????? wow!!!!

below please find a link to sunday's small bore race (right click and saveas):

http://ekrosen.com/VIR0401

the camera is in eric rosen's PTE racecar; my car is the white Ford Probe GT, which you will see very shortly after the flag drops!!!! (i'm a PTE car, too). i got a great start; and moved into 1st in PTE and 2nd overall (for a while, at least!). the guy in the red PTE NX2000 is Greg Amy; he won the ARRC in that car last year; he is a fast driver, and his car is well turned out. i knew that i had to try to stay ahead of him as long as i could; eventually, he gets me in traffic and gaps out. eric rosen (the camera car) gets me too, entering T1/T2, but there was a yellow there (its why i hesitated so much coming up on the yellow CRX). rosen got DQ'd, and i finished 2nd in PTE (out of 8 or 9 starters).

i was pushing my Probe to the absolute limit; i am fairly sure it is the best i have ever driven; ran a 2:21.0 as a best lap, that weekend. car ran out great!!! and that was one of the most serious dogfights i have been in; especially considering that there were 4 of us in it!!!!!!

enjoy!
Todd Reid
#11 PTE Ford Probenstien

PS oh; i was running on Hankook Z212 Ventus RS-2 street tires!!!! you will be able to listen to them howl, when get my incar cam footage working!!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:01 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spazegun2213
Thanks for the comments, as i said the car is new to me and I'm still not comfortable to really wind the car out just yet. I tried to shift @ 5500, and yes, when i got mad I'd go all the way to 6k. But coming out of t6 i know i need to wait a little to shift.

Shift it at 6k. I have been doing that every shift since 2000. Does no harm to the motor and gives you good power. Hey you are racing after all... these cars really alot tougher than you think.. Beat on her... she likes it like that.

BTW... I have not comments about your race sicne Only watched the first lap and have never driven VIR.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:54 AM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by M758
Shift it at 6k. I have been doing that every shift since 2000. Does no harm to the motor and gives you good power. Hey you are racing after all... these cars really alot tougher than you think.. Beat on her... she likes it like that.
really... well then

I looked and the dyno plots and the reved her all the way to 6.5, so i think 6 would be fine, since all the power is there anyway.

Quick Reply: Video from VIR full