Terrible Road Atl CR weekend (for me)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:52 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsa
I heard the rain was an issue this weekend. I'm assuming nothing too serious?
Uh, there were a few of us who managed to go off during the A+B enduro (9 DNF's ... a number of which were facilitated by the weather).

Most seemed to be a little bent metal and no one was seriously injured (as far as I know) but there was a beautiful black 993 Supercup which was tapped in the rear by another car at T9 (according to the driver), hit the left side wall a couple of times and ended up pretty banged up. Driver was okay, though.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:11 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racer914
Jeff,
Don't even think about giving it up....this is part of the learning curve and anyone with experience has been through the discouragement and had a fair share of humble pie. I look forward to seeing you at the next race if you are in the same group its fine by me. You obviously have had time to reflect on what happended as you described it pretty much the way I saw it and I had the best seat in the house! No hard feelings on my end even though I had to sweat my *** off with a come along and the back of my dually to cobble the ole J car back to life...for that you can buy me a beer next time out.

See you at the races!
Dave
Jacksonville, FL
Outstanding! Hell, I'll buy you a beer if we are ever at a club race together and I wasn't even there.

Quick Reply: Terrible Road Atl CR weekend (for me)