Sponsored by:

anyone here seen this car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Marks951
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone here seen this car?

This is in the classifieds and was on e-bay a few times....anyone know it or it's history?

2000 C2
Old 03-30-2007, 03:25 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Have no idea who owns that car since there is no user ID attached to it. All I can say is the times it has been on eBay it has been LAMBASTED for trying to call that a "baby cup car". There is absolutely nothing on that car (except the rear wing) that comes close to a cup car.

It would defintely help if the owner was a frequent poster here so it could be vouched for. My suggestion is to post this over in the 996 forum since that is where it would generate the most hits from the 996 racers.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Marks951
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no one over there seemed to know it...just made comments about "baby cup car"...it has some good track day parts and a brand new engine and trans....and the total mileage is 12K...according to the lister on e-bay. He's the second owner. He bought it with about 3 or 4K miles I think.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:35 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're interested I'd call Orbit and ask them about it. I spoke with Roger Hawley (sp?) before I bought my cup car and he was very helpful. If they did do all the work on it they should be a good source of information.

As far as the car goes, it would take some work and $$ to make it into a race car but it might be fun as just a weekend toy.

Quick Reply: anyone here seen this car?