Sponsored by:

Metro NY PCA Region's DE at Tremblant

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:19 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metro NY PCA Region's DE at Tremblant **Update, event cancelled**

To all interested including the good Dr. who has scheduled over 30 track days for 2007.

Metro NY region has a great event scheduled for June 9-10th (Sat-Sun) at beautiful Tremblant. In order to "lock in" the event, they are still missing a few inscription. Up to now they have spoken with Club BMW (Quebec Region) to help them out.

I have nothing into this, I'm just giving them a hand and hopefully being able to enjoy the track once more this summer. Would be a shame for the club to cancel their event.

The registration fee is 170$USD/day and for a week-end event, it's really not that expensive.

I know some of you might not affiliated with this PCA region but it would be nice if we could support them. I'm doing 5 out of 8 events with my region and hopefully 1 with them.

PCA Metro NY

Last edited by CWay27; 03-27-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:27 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Metro runs great events and Tremblant is a wonderful track + a nice resort. Its not hard to get to, either. The drive may seem like a long one for some in the northeast, but the routes are pretty direct and free of traffic (except for the short stretch through Montreal).
Sounds like a winner to me.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:30 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CWay27
To all interested including the good Dr. who has scheduled over 30 track days for 2007.
I will be attending the Glen event with Metro on 5/30-31.... but I will be up to Mont-Tremblant with Northeast and Rennsport several times....
Old 03-06-2007, 09:48 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
Metro runs great events and Tremblant is a wonderful track + a nice resort. Its not hard to get to, either. The drive may seem like a long one for some in the northeast, but the routes are pretty direct and free of traffic (except for the short stretch through Montreal).
Sounds like a winner to me.
So will I see you there??? Maybe you can give me a few tips on risk aversion
Old 03-06-2007, 10:00 PM
krC2S
Racer

also you can use any track prepped car even if not a p-car

please make this happen!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:08 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Hey I'm just like any other guy who wants to enjoy a great week-end at the track. If you guys have a real interest for this event, please tell them.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:20 PM
krC2S
Racer

Hey I'm just like any other guy who wants to enjoy a great week-end at the track. If you guys have a real interest for this event, please tell them.
i am just adding incentive to others to register.. i am already registered and like you hope it happens
Old 03-06-2007, 10:27 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Spoke with Andy Spray and they had a meeting tonight about it. I had a chat with Board member from Club BMW which he also discussed the issue with Andy. Everybody's trying their best to make this happen.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:10 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Event was cancelled.... Too Bad cause I was really looking forward meeting a few of yous.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:16 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Risk? Me??

Just noticed this post; I guess I was not paying attention.
I would have been glad to, except I am not able to attend this event, and now I see (I think?) that it is cancelled? That's too bad. It can be tough to get folks up to Tremblant, but it is well worth the trip.
Of course, I jsut got back from a 775 mile (each way) tow to VIR!
So will I see you there??? Maybe you can give me a few tips on risk aversion
Old 03-27-2007, 04:39 PM
krC2S
Racer

very sad i really wanted to go..I don't know why we have very few events in June in the Northeast esp. weekends
Old 03-27-2007, 07:00 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Bummer about the Metro LCMT event being cancelled. BUT, if you really want to go to the best Mont-Tremblant event of all time, head up to the NER event July 9-11. This is one of the premiere events, because it is timed to coincide with the International Blues Festival at the mountain village that begins the previous Saturday and runs the whole week..

For those who don't know, this is a five-star resort with something for everyone. While you drive at the track, your family can golf, play tennis, go out on the lake, shop, or just plain take in the many incredible musicians that play for free at the wide variety of venues. You don't have to feel guilty about taking time away driving "that car."

Check with the NER site, www.PorscheNet.com, for more information.

AND, if you really want to go on a track junket, that Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, July 13-15 you can join NER & UCR (register with UCR) at the highly-touted track, Calabogie, and be one of the first to drive the full course on this brand-new track. It will eventually turn into the next Mont-Tremblant.

The NER crowd will stay over in Mont-Tremblant Wednesday night, taking in more music, then caravan Thursday morning about four hours over to Calabogie.

For those afraid of crossing the Canadian border, don't be, you wusses. It's a cinch. The only thing you have to bring is proper ID. Woo-pee-doo.

AND, to clinch the deal, remember, it is probably one of the few places you can go these days where the dollar is actually worth more than it is at home! ...Except maybe for Tobago, but there aren't any tracks there.

If I sound just a tad predjudiced, I started this event.

It really is great fun event with the Blues Festival!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:07 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAPmobile
Bummer about the Metro LCMT event being cancelled. BUT, if you really want to go to the best Mont-Tremblant event of all time, head up to the NER event July 9-11. This is one of the premiere events, because it is timed to coincide with the International Blues Festival at the mountain village that begins the previous Saturday and runs the whole week..

For those who don't know, this is a five-star resort with something for everyone. While you drive at the track, your family can golf, play tennis, go out on the lake, shop, or just plain take in the many incredible musicians that play for free at the wide variety of venues. You don't have to feel guilty about taking time away driving "that car."

Check with the NER site, www.PorscheNet.com, for more information.

AND, if you really want to go on a track junket, that Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, July 13-15 you can join NER & UCR (register with UCR) at the highly-touted track, Calabogie, and be one of the first to drive the full course on this brand-new track. It will eventually turn into the next Mont-Tremblant.

The NER crowd will stay over in Mont-Tremblant Wednesday night, taking in more music, then caravan Thursday morning about four hours over to Calabogie.

For those afraid of crossing the Canadian border, don't be, you wusses. It's a cinch. The only thing you have to bring is proper ID. Woo-pee-doo.

AND, to clinch the deal, remember, it is probably one of the few places you can go these days where the dollar is actually worth more than it is at home! ...Except maybe for Tobago, but there aren't any tracks there.

If I sound just a tad predjudiced, I started this event.

It really is great fun event with the Blues Festival!
Yeap, I am confirmed in NER July event.......
Old 03-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Nano
Racer

too bad...

Not sure, but I understand the event was close to getting sufficient attendance to materialize... I don't understand why it got canceled so early? There are still 4 months before that event, a lot of people can't commit to events this much in advance, a lot register a few weeks before events. It would have broken even for sure if the registration would have gone up longer (or was that part factored in the algorithm already?)
Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Nano
too bad...

Not sure, but I understand the event was close to getting sufficient attendance to materialize... I don't understand why it got canceled so early? There are still 4 months before that event, a lot of people can't commit to events this much in advance, a lot register a few weeks before events. It would have broken even for sure if the registration would have gone up longer (or was that part factored in the algorithm already?)
Probably a big deposit was due and Metro PCA didn't want to front the money if attendance was up in the air. Can't blame them.

Quick Reply: Metro NY PCA Region's DE at Tremblant