On track insurance quote-FYI

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 05:49 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default On track insurance quote-FYI

Just received a quote from Heacock Insurance for STP coverage (Storage, Transport, Paddock). Agreed value of $30,000 w/$1,000 deductible came in at $500 annual. I believe that your auto coverage protects the vehicle during transport if you are towing but if it is being hauled by a shop I guess you would need this type of policy.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Janni
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They do a pretty good job with insurance - however, this is NOT on track insurance - it's pretty much comprehensive for your racecar.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Where do you get track insurance?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:50 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

On track physical damage insurance is (as far as I can tell) only avaiable from Laurel DE (laurelde.com); lots of threads on this that you might want to read. They offer insurance for racing as well as DE.
I have used Laurel for my track car, as have some friends.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Rick

I did search and found Laurel but they are not licensed in the US or Canada and the deductible is $5K and that is a good portion of the max value of my car. I guess if they are the only show in town I will contact them. I have it in the back of my mind that an incident will be on my nickel, I fix it or part out the car. The problem is medical, I don't see anything about medical which is another concern I am having. I have health insurance through work, need to see what it covers. With health costs going through the roof, this could be a big $$$ for even a minor injury.

Is anyone else concerned about this or am I being overly cautious.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:51 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi Brian
Ah, yes - with a minimum deductible of $5k and a car value of not a lot more than that, a lot of folks are going to self-insure.
There is a lot of chatter about the unlicensed nature of the Laurel program; it really means that they operate under a so-called excess and surplus lines regulatory system, which gives them more freedom in how to write and price the coverage, as well as less regulatory expense. Not everyone is comfortable with that, but I am (and, it looks like the only game in town).
Medical expense - beyond your existing health insurance?
Old 03-06-2007, 02:35 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't worry about the health insurance.... Just do what the mexicans do, show up and demand treatment....

Seriously though, I don't think(?????) your health insurance would care that you got hurt at the track??? Obviously if you were a professional driver, doing it every weekend in NASCAR, then yes, your premiums would reflect that risk, but I don't think so otherwise...

Brian
Old 03-07-2007, 01:52 AM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 149 Posts

Brian and Brian:
of course your health insurance covers you at the track. Covers you on the street. on the track, heck on a hang glider. Atleast, that's the rules in NY if you get your health insurance through your employer, and I would expect most everywhere else.

Quick Reply: On track insurance quote-FYI