Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JPM Wins!!! Takes out Pruett!! DOOOOH!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007 | 01:50 PM
Blackness
Pro

If you watch the replay, you'll notice that Montoya has some lockup as Pruett turns back down to the inside. Which to me means that Montoya saw Pruett wide and went for the inside and wasn't expecting Pruett to turn back down on him.

He said, she said, JPM, Pruett, Ron Dennis, Ganassi, Schumy, blah, blah, blah...I think they each made a mistake and at the same time, making it a racing incident. Simple as that.
Old 03-06-2007 | 03:54 PM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/busch/nascar/35768/
Old 03-06-2007 | 04:27 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

"With Scott, we had great racing all day and for this to happen, it's terrible," Montoya told NASCAR's official website. "It's horrible because it could have been a one-two Ganassi finish.
Well, either Montoya was genuinely sorry and over-estimated the braking ability of his car (certainly plausible) or he is a liar as well as a back stabbing SOB. I guess that your take depends on wether you like him or not. The proof will come out through his actions over the course of this season.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-06-2007 | 07:47 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

It was an optimistic move by JPM, but hardly dirty. He locked them up immediately when Pruett shut the door. I really think he's just used to open wheelers, where people dont shut the door like that.

Last edited by 38D; 12-28-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2007 | 01:25 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator

Originally Posted by 38D
It was an optimistic move by JPM, but hardly dirty. He locked them up immediately when Pruett shut the door. I really think he's just used to open wheelers, where people dont shut the door like that.
+10
I was in Key West so I missed the race - caught the replay at Bare Bottoms Sunday night. With no audio and no clue there was any controversy to the ending. It looked like a clean move, with Scott cutting JP off. What was JP supposed to do? Swerve out of the way?
Sure maybe it was a bit optimistic on JP’s part – so what, this is for the win!!!
This is the same thing that happens when PT tries to go 110% in Champ Car, everyone cries what a wild card he is. Yet in any race where he is out early, everyone yells what a boring race it was. We need more guys like PT and JP in racing. It will be interesting if Paul shows up in a few NASCAR races this year.

Team orders my *** – their job is to win the race, period. Those of you crying “he didn’t follow team orders” must have been real excited when Rubens pulled over for Schumacher.

Quick Reply: JPM Wins!!! Takes out Pruett!! DOOOOH!!!!!