Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Do you mean these:
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/gro...upID=CANOPHOLL

I've seen the one attached to the side of a trailer (rather than an expensive awning).
As Mark says, it's a bit much to assemble and disassemble compared to an EZ Up.
We've been using a 20 x 20 set up like this for a while now and even though it's not as EZ to set up, I prefer it. The key issue for me was that I needed room for 2 cars + gear. Initially, I thought that the EZ Up was the way to go until I was at a Pocono race with typically crazy weather... our buddies had lashed 2 10 x 20 EZ Ups together and when it started raining the water poured through the middle of the canopies. I like the open space this style canopy gives, and the fact that I don't have to move our stuff to stay in the shade or out of the rain. It's held up well for 12+ years (I've seen some rusty EZ Ups that need to be persuaded with a hammer after a while) and it's easy to store. We have PVC tubes on the trailer to hold the pipes, and a grocery sized bag holds the corners.

YMMV
Old 03-01-2007, 07:43 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey;

Don't be fooled. The Sam's Club variety are not the same as the full size car type. Flimsy by comparison. I have the full size. I guess that's 10x20. It is an old bugger, and has been through Hell. Sebring weather many years in a row. It has been through hails, gales, monsoons, etc. Still going.

I'm with Mark. I don't have the energy to fool with a tinker toy setup. I can do my EZ-up alone, but it is quicker and easier with two people.

Not cheap, but a good piece of kit.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:58 PM
rsrdan
Racer

Smile

Sams Club $200 each
Old 03-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Antonio
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

A racing buddy of mine has one of those tubular units. I get tired just watching him and a couple of his crew, putting it up and taking it down. For convenience and functionality you can’t beat E-Z Up. I’ve been using two 12X12 E-Z Up units, tied side by side, for three seasons with no problems. I have even perfected the one man up/one man down 3 minute routine.

Harbor Freight occasionally sells the 12X12 size for around $129. There are several grades of E-Z Up tents. The stuff that HF and Sam's sell is the lowest. It does the job though.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:19 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you plan on using it on a regular basis and/or want to keep it for a long time get a genuine EZ-up. They are commercial quality and that's important, metal is thicker, fabrics are thicker and struturally they are much stronger. I've used the $300-$400 type, the $50 type, and the $150-$200 type. For 3-4x a year in fair weather the $150 works. For anythign with inclement weather or need to set up often go with the heavier duty models. From what I have seen the Sam's Club, BJ's etc and not up to the task.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:31 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,497 Likes on 2,080 Posts

+1 on the E-Z ups. We use it at kart races, the beach, etc. It's now on it's 5th year and needs to be replaced, but they've come down in price since I bought it at Sam's Club.

It looks like your running a business. You can now order these things with your business logo, website, phone number etc. which looks really cool.

I don't use the old kart tires with concrete like ITC, (I'm too lazy), I just use 4 bungee cords and put one end on each hole in the legs and secure it to a tool box handle, or tool table, air tank, cooler etc.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:55 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by richcuts
I think you can also go for a gazebos. its also a good option for shade & enjoy the outside the home. I(f you are confused in any tent & a canopy...then i think canopy would be a better option for you. Because it can be easily & can be managed in a small bundle, when you don't need it.

pop up gazebos | pop up canopies
Wow! Timely post. Just over 5 years.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Wow! Timely post. Just over 5 years.
First post too.

I googled Richcuts and gazebo and found this. Go figure...

"Mr Rich Cuts - About the Author:
Welcome to TFH Gazebos, We supply high quality pop up gazebos, heavy duty gazebos, commercial pop up gazebo and Instant shelter, for party marquees, market stalls, events, exhibitions and shows. All of our products are durable, strong, robust and competetively priced. We offer a next working day delivery service to mainland UK, we ship to Europe or anywhere in the world."
Old 03-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EZ up 10X10s. We have 4 of them. They are EASY to put up and down.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Lou L
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

FWIW, A great way to anchor the popups is to buy the 5 gal folding plastic water jugs, just fill em at the track and you have a 35lb anchor. You can buy at Walmart, they are made by coleman.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:48 PM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

EZ-UPs, 10x15, lots of them. Even got some of them printed. Got them from Buyshade.com, not richcuts I use the ez-up sandbags to strap them down, about 500 lbs worth.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^ Eric, that looks cool!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

FWIW 10x10 EZ-UP brand tents are on sale for $49 @ Academy Sports this week..
Old 03-13-2012, 12:23 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 681 Likes on 346 Posts

My God, it never ends does it? As some of you know by my other post i just got a dedicated track car. I thought it was bad enough I had to buy a tow vehicle, trailer, etc. Every time I log on it's something else now tents! How much more crap am I going to have to buy?

Money has been flying out of my wallet at a rate of speed that is unprecedented.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:57 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by E55AMG
My God, it never ends does it? As some of you know by my other post i just got a dedicated track car. I thought it was bad enough I had to buy a tow vehicle, trailer, etc. Every time I log on it's something else now tents! How much more crap am I going to have to buy?

Money has been flying out of my wallet at a rate of speed that is unprecedented.
It never ends....

Quick Reply: EZ-up/tent suggestions