Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frequencies used by corner workers in PCA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 168 Posts
Question Frequencies used by corner workers in PCA?

Have some Marriott points burning a hole in my pocket, they have a little scanner (Nascar unit) that covers 450-470mhz range. What frequencies do our corner workers use at PCA events?

FWIW, my frequented tracks are Blackhawk Farms, Gingerman, Road America, Autobahn... typical Chicago area venues.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:58 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Dave, I can't say for sure, but I think Mid-Ohio uses wired intercoms (?). Although their track radios that I have used carry 6-7 different channels, standard commercial stuff.
What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Bump - Anyone?
Old 03-02-2007, 11:09 AM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

Don't know how much this will help, but in Florida the PCA uses SCCA corner workers for Sebring and Daytona. Florida and Central Florida Regions use frequencies in the 464 range (about 8 different frequencies between the two Regions, but all 464.---).
Try SCCA.com and you can find the Region for selected tracks/locations and contact them. Also, ask any corner worker and they can give you the frequency, I get that question all the time at events I work.
Regards, Doug
Old 03-02-2007, 11:15 AM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave,
I would call Dave Zander at Zander Radio Systems. He does most of our radios and has all of the codes but most scanners come with all of the channels programmed in so you should get most tracks. The one Zander sells is $125 and has 1,600 preprogrammed codes.

Not sure what you're looking at but I would give him a call. He'll answer your questions.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave,
Generally the corner workers and their radios are provided by the track or the local club so the frequencies will vary. Road America, for example, has a fairly complex system for dealing with all the hills and trees.

I believe PCA has a frequency for communicating between their race officials but I suspect that frequency is fairly closely guarded.
Jim
Old 03-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Good input and thoughts. Thanks folks!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:19 PM
usenduro
Intermediate

A lot of the tracks/SCCA regions use the "open" VHF frequencies in the 151mhz range. I know this is true for VIR, Nelson Ledges, CMP and any event in the Southeast that uses NCR or CCR workers... since these regions share frequencies.

Mid-Ohio is on a Land Line. I can't remember specifically about Road America since I've only worked in the tower and not on a turn or start at RA. Atlanta is on a Land Line as well...

The best thing to do is call and ask the event chair before arriving at the event. Even for tracks on Land Lines, you can monitor the EV radio net for some information...

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Frequencies used by corner workers in PCA?