Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never Satisfied... SC's New F1 Announcer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 06:59 AM
Zach Pruett
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rick is still an anchor for channel 12 here in Phoenix. He has no clue about F1 and needs to get off speedvision!
Old 04-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 156 Likes on 97 Posts
Speed Channel/Fox took a guy off of local news and let him cover F1. Didn't know that. The guy is terrible. I would love to see the look on David Hobbs face on one of the many occasions when "Da Fool" makes one of his many stupid comments.

On another note, had that been Montoya and not Ralf behind Michael, Michael may have been on the second step of the podium.
Old 04-12-2002, 06:12 PM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I couldn’t agree more. Adding to D’Fools off-target commentary and continuous babble is the newly choreographed friction between Hobbs and Matchet about drivers vs. Mechanics. They had none of that last year. It seems so obvious at times that I wonder if those two aren’t embarrassed about their forced roles.

Hank Cohn
Old 04-12-2002, 08:53 PM
emcon5
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't get Speedvision, so I can't comment on the new F1 guy, but Fox is irritating the NASCAR fans as well. They treat every race broadcast as if their audience has never heard of or seen a race before. Every race, they re-explain everything in detail with their animations and cutaway car. "Lets go to the animation to explain what understeer is" "Lets go to the cutaway to show you what a spring rubber is."

Tom
(Who watches ANY racing, even NASCAR)
Old 04-15-2002, 04:47 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 156 Likes on 97 Posts
"Da Fool" was his usual self during the race at Imola. I loved his comment that Montoya didn't finish the race in Brazil. He was babbling at one point and it sounded as if someone shut his mike off. HE IS TERRIBLE!

Quick Reply: Never Satisfied... SC's New F1 Announcer?