Trackday at Spa-Francorchamps

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 11:26 AM
Pistenclub
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Trackday at Spa-Francorchamps

Hey Folks,

there's a "Driver Training & Casual Circuit Practice" arranged by "Pistenclub" on F1-Racetrack at Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium)

Date: Saturday, 27th October 2001

[img]null[/img]

"...Improve your driving skills in the appropriate environment, using your own sports car throughout the session. This event allows drivers to hone their skills in an informal situation and to gain a better understanding of their own limitations. The event appeals equally to novice and experienced drivers alike. Where appropriate, sessions are broken down into peer groups, to reflect individual drivers' experience levels, so as to ensure that novices do not feel pressured into increasing their speed until they are ready. The event is open to all types of sports cars, including licensed and non-licensed vehicles, but no formula cars, no motorcycles and no trucks please! Tyres of any type permitted, at your own preference. If re-quested, professional racing drivers are available to demonstrate the ideal line and handling..."

Contacts:
---------
phone : +49-173-973 6847
fax : +49-2153-739288
E-Mail : pistenclub@aol.com
Web : http://www.pistenclub.de

Regards,
Ralph
Old 08-28-2001, 12:05 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 161 Posts
There are now a lot of US P-car owners drooling over this opportunity...

Ah, all the F1 races I've watched on TV at Spa. Time to go buy Powerball (Lotto) tickets.
Old 08-28-2001, 11:11 PM
Jean-Marc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

OK I'm Belgian and even though I live in Atlanta, this is my home track... For those of you wanting to do this real bad, here are possibilities: Buy a cheap ticket to Frankfurt (you can get that for about $350 from the east cost and $500 from the west cost), then rent a P-car at AVIS at the airport, they run about $300 per day including insurance. Drive to Belgium, spend a day at the track and drive back. Total cost with air and hotel should be under $1500 or so....
just a thought

Quick Reply: Trackday at Spa-Francorchamps