Sponsored by:

Sebring PCA Race

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 10:15 PM
Jim GT-3s #40
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sebring PCA Race

I wonder if anyone how attended the PCA racing this past weekend could give me an update?
Old 02-13-2002, 07:20 PM
jim3
Instructor

There were 4 race groups. The two stock classes raced in the am as did GT 4,5,6 which raced with the G,H,I and J. 40 minute races in the sun.
During lunch it rained and it rained hard in the 3rd race before it became torrential. Keith Alexander won race in 2002 cup car, Mike Bavaro came in 2nd. The GT 1,2,3 race was run in down pour. Two of the Buckler cars finished 1 & 3 with Kevin finishing 3rd. Lot of cars pulled in during race. Can't tell you much more since I race in H and am from Mass. so I don't know the guys from the region. There was enough carnage that most race groups had one or more shortened sessions due to black flags and a number of red flags.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:38 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a shame there are so many crashes in PCA racing. There must be a solution to this problem. It's like too many hockey fights.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:48 PM
Dayton
Advanced

It's true there were quite a few "crunches" this last weekend...It was my first time to sebring ( I recently moved here from Cali) I have 4 or 5 cars in the shop today so I know first hand it was a little on the rough side...we really didn't experience that kind of damage in Cali, but the guys were running preety hard,,,all in all a great bunch of people and a good time....
Cheers
Dayton
FVD
Old 02-13-2002, 10:50 PM
James Achard
Pro

Thumbs up

I was there running the DE until I had brake woes I will say that in regards to the crashes, this is the first race of the season. Many of us coming from the North haven't been in our cars for several months , thus the " loss of talent". I had a great time though!!! Can't wait 'till next year, hopefully I'll be out there racing too.

James

Quick Reply: Sebring PCA Race