Sponsored by:

Summit Point question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 01:07 PM
Vinny '98 3.8 C2S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Summit Point question

I know the Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point is the short road course; however, is the "Shenandoah Circuit" just another name for "Summit Point Raceway" (the 2 mile 10 turn course)?

I'm setting up my DE schedule and just want to be certain.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:08 PM
Tim
Racer

I believe the "shenandoah circuit" is a 3rd track at summit. Its just been completed for use this year.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:25 PM
Vinny '98 3.8 C2S
Racer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Tim:
<strong>I believe the "shenandoah circuit" is a 3rd track at summit. Its just been completed for use this year.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">That was my thinking; however, there is no mention of it at all on their website <a href="http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/," target="_blank">http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/,</a> yet many DE events list it this year as a separate venue. I've also done searches on the net looking for a final track map with little luck other than maps of "proposed" track. If this track is complete or close to completion, I would think Summit would have a lot more info on their site.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:12 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Vinny,

I'd like to try that new circuit this year.

Have to get back to Pocono for the world's best Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich. Not real crazy about the track (infield); maybe they'll re-pave this year??

See you soon.

Richard
Old 03-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Vinny '98 3.8 C2S
Racer

Hi Rich,

Due to scheduling conflicts, so far I've only signed up for 5 days with Metro. The first is the full course Pocono on 7/1. You going?
I'm trying to fill in more with other regions, plus it's looking like I may get to fit in August at the Glen with Metro as well.
NNJR is in need of instructors for 4/12-13 at Pocono North, and I may go there on the 13th.
And yes, I'm up for the Cheesesteak. Too many more of those and I'm going to wind up spending 2 grand in carbon fiber to make up for my weight!

Have fun!
Old 03-16-2003, 10:26 PM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

Shenandoah is a 3rd track that is under construction at Summit Point. I was just there this weekend and while construction has started, they have a long, long way to go before the track will be completed. The ground out there is very wet due all of the snow this winter and there was no sign of any work being done this weekend.

Potomac has DE scheduled at Shenandoah late this season and we have a shot. Anything scheduled before September, I'd say is in danger of being canceled.

Karl
Old 03-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Tim
Racer

I thought shenandoah was a done deal... well if its in the works that sounds good.. maybe next year
Old 03-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

Here's a link where you can get more info.

Karl

<a href="http://pcapotomac.org/pca/html/shenandoah.shtml" target="_blank">http://pcapotomac.org/pca/html/shenandoah.shtml</a>

Quick Reply: Summit Point question