Sponsored by:

Boxster Rollbar Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Kimi322
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Boxster Rollbar Advice

I decided to take my boxster to the track this year :-) and am looking for some rollbar advice.
What kind to buy (best buy for the $)?
Best place to have installed (LI, NY area)?
Or can it be installed by myself? (well...my dad, tha is)
I own the car so don't want to damage anything that will effect resale.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Old 03-06-2003, 08:20 PM
TrackJunke
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
You do have stock rollbars which is legal at almost all tracks. There is what is called a Brey Krause bar that is only an extension to the existing rollbar. It is around 500 or so dollars and is easy to install and will not harm anything. I would not worry about it until you get some track time. The only track I know of that require a Brey Krause bar are VIR and I believe Lime Rock but I am not sure. This is all ok unless you are very tall. During tech inspection the inspectors are suppose to perfor the broom stick test. Which is putting a broom stick from the windshield to the roll bar and your head with helmet must be underneath it. Then you may need to get the BK bar.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:33 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kimi322: you need to pass a broomstick test in order to be track legal with your Boxster. If you can sit with helmet on in the driver's seat and be able to clear a broomstick that sits across your car (above the windshield to the roll bar), then you are ok.

Some tracks, like VIR, require a BK bar (Brey Krause).

Personally, I highly recommend some extra form of rollover protection in a Boxster. The BK bar is not expensive, easy to install and is a good investment.

Just my $0.42.
-Z.

Quick Reply: Boxster Rollbar Advice