Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camera Positioning Preference

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:22 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

That's my old DL-90, now that I look at it. Old picture. And in the photo, it does look like it's just strapped in at an angle, there. Actually, it's mounted to a plate that I set at level. Then it also zeroes out every time it's turned on.

I have the Trackvision software, but haven't merged the data with any videos yet because I haven't worked out a software/validation issue -- I'm running Windows on an Intel-based Mac, and I haven't succeeded in getting it to join my network. One of these days, I'll get that worked out.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:28 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackOlsen
In that lap I miss 4 by a little, 5 by a lot, and I lock up a wheel in braking for the corkscrew, and then don't get to downshift until I'm already rolling down. Still, the camera stopped before I got my quicker laps in.

I was running Toyos. You can hear them screaming in the video. The seller forgot to shave them, and this was their first use, outside of the drive up. They'll get better in the next couple of months.
the hesitation with shifting before 4 may have thrown you off a bit. i saw that you slightly overcooked at the entry of the corkscrew. basically heard the tires and saw your hand movements.

saw your car specs from the other RL thread. i'm hoping to get my boxS to your weight specs. barring driver skill, my car @ ~270HP should be able to do the same times.

would love to see your videos overlayed with brake and throttle points... if you have the sensors. you can overlay with trackvison software.

surprising your car passed sound check. sounds nice and loud from inside.

Last edited by karlooz; 02-20-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Camera Positioning Preference